The GSW Information Technology Steering Committee is responsible for the development and implementation of the GSW IT strategic plan. The committee also serves as the GSW security governance committee, focusing on the protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of GSW information technology resources.
The GSW Information Technology Steering Committee is composed of the following:
- Assistant Director of Admissions
- Assistant Dean of Students
- Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Auxiliary Services Director
- Chief Information Officer
- Comptroller, Business and Finance Department
- Faculty Representative
- Human Resources Director
- University Relations Director
- Executive Assistant to the President
- SGA President or Alternate
Members of the IT Steering Committee will be appointed by the president with no term limits. The faculty representative is appointed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The GSW Chief Information Officer is responsible for updating the membership of the Information Technology Steering Committee as directed by the president.
The GSW Information Technology Steering Committee meets on the last Thursday of every month.
The IT Steering Committee was established on 10/15/2013.