The Data Governance Committee is responsible for defining and managing implementation of the policies and procedures for the data governance and management functions at Georgia southwestern State University (GSW). The Data Governance Committee shall advise the Banner Steering Committee regarding the collection, maintenance, and utilization of cross-divisional data in Banner and other enterprise systems. The Data Governance Committee will also record and maintain documentation as related to data standards and serve as a resource in addressing system requests related to institutional data standards.
- The Data Governance Committee shall receive suggestions, recommendations, inquiries, and proposals regarding the standardization of data from the Banner Steering Committee, faculty, staff, administrators and governance groups from within the campus community.
- The Data Governance Committee shall discuss data issues and establish guidance on the standardization of data.
- It shall be the function of the committee to recommend if proposals received should be considered, amended, accepted or rejected.
- The committee shall document standards for cross-divisional data maintained in Banner and other major enterprise systems and communicate those standards to the Banner Steering Committee.
- On occasion, the Data Governance Committee may be specifically requested to research and consider particular information technology matters and report its finding to the Banner Steering Committee.
- In the performance of its duties, the Data Governance Committee shall have the option of soliciting information and assistance from such campus offices or groups as may be appropriate. The Committee may commission necessary subcommittees in order to complete its charge.
- The Data Governance Committee is chartered by Banner Steering Committee. The Committee is an advisory group, not a policy making body. The Data Governance Committee shall maintain meeting minutes. The Chair of the Data Governance Committee shall attend and provide a Committee Report at each Banner Steering Committee.
- Data Trustees:
- VP Academic Affairs
- Athletic Director
- VP Business and Finance
- VP Enrollment Management
- Chief Information Officer
- VP Student Affairs
- Director University Relations
- Data Stewards - Appointed from the following divisions as appropriate
- Academic Affairs
- Business and Finance
- Enrollment Management
- Information and Instructional Technology
- Student Affairs
- University Relations
- Banner Database Administrator
- Library representative
- Human Resources representative
- Institutional Research representative
- Faculty representative
- Data Trustees:
- Data Governance Committee Chair
The chair of the Data Governance Committee is appointed by the president and is eligible to serve with no term limit. The chair shall convene all meetings, set the agenda, cast a vote on all motions, and arrange the taking and reporting of minutes. No less than one committee meeting shall be convened each calendar quarter.
Member terms shall be one year with no term limit.
- Meeting Times
Meeting times will be established by the committee to accommodate the schedules, including class schedules, of as many members as possible.
Approved by the Banner Steering Committee: November 4, 2015