The email distribution lists covered by these guidelines include:
These email distribution lists are provided as a service of GSW. GSW is not responsible for the opinions and information posted through these lists by others. You agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines:
- Any faculty or staff member may post to this email distribution list.
- This email distribution list is used primarily for the one-way distribution of information.
- State the topic of your comments concisely and clearly in the subject line. This makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to an entire list when it contains information that is beneficial to everyone on the list.
- Send personal messages to individuals rather than the entire list; do not use “Reply-All.” As a general rule, list users are encouraged to place their own email address in the “To,” while including the distribution list address in the “Bcc” section.
- The email distribution lists may not be used to promote any event other than a GSW-sanctioned event.
- The email distribution lists may not be utilized for advertising purposes, to promote or sell any product or service other than for official GSW business.
- Non-departmental advertisements and solicitations for funds from GSW-affiliated organizations are limited to one campus-wide announcement.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- Respect the security of the email distribution lists. Do not send or propagate messages that contain computer viruses or components that threaten to interfere with or compromise the integrity of our system.
- The Email Distribution List Procedures are subject to change at any time.
*Circumstances not covered in these guidelines will be addressed individually by the Office of University Relations.
Approved by the President’s Cabinet November 30, 2015