The award for Faculty Excellence and Commitment to Teaching is provided to a member of the Georgia Southwestern State University faculty and recognizes contributions to the teaching-learning process. The award is open to faculty engaged in both traditional classroom (on-campus) delivery and distance education courses.
Successful recipients will demonstrate sustained excellence in undergraduate and/or graduate instruction, innovative approaches to teaching, positive impacts on student learning, contributions to the discipline and contributions to the overall institutional mission.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engaging students in the classroom
- Developing courses and curricula
- Leading workshops on pedagogy
- Advancing the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Making other multidimensional contributions to undergraduate and/or graduate instruction beyond the classroom, laboratory or studio.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Faculty Affairs Committee.
All nominations should be submitted electronically to email@example.com&.