A Message from the Chair:
My name is Dr. Sam Peavy, and I am chair of the Georgia Southwestern State University Presidential Search and Screen Committee (PSSC) at GSW. Our charge from the Board of Regents is to seek qualified candidates for the position of GSW President, screen candidates for the position, interview candidates and provide the names of 3-5 unranked persons to the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia and the Special Regents Search Committee, which will make the final choice as to who will become our next president.
Our goal is to identify the best possible candidates to provide leadership for our institution. We are managing this process to achieve that goal; however, we need your help and assistance as we move through this effort.
In order for us to be effective in the screening process, it is important that we get input and insights from GSW faculty and staff, alumni and the citizens of Americus and the surrounding area as to the qualities and expectations we desire in the next GSW president. To that end, the PSSC will be organizing and holding a series of Town Hall Meetings, both on and off campus, to allow our many stakeholders to help us further define the future president’s desired qualities, qualifications, and vision for GSW.
Once we have the Town Hall Meetings scheduled, we will post the times and dates on this page, so check back soon. We hope that you will plan to attend one.
The Board of Regents will announce the finalists for the presidency. To attract the best leader for GSW, please note that we will be protecting the confidentiality of candidates as they move through the search process, and interviews will not be open to the public. We are taking this approach as it is designed to ensure we engage a broad, high profile and excellent pool of qualified candidates to include sitting presidents and provosts who, if not chosen when publicly pursing this position, would negatively impact their current post and institution.
Please join us in our effort to help select Georgia Southwestern State University's next president.
Chair, Presidential Search and Screen Committee
Official Job Announcement and Presidential Profile
Town Hall Meeting Schedule
- Friday, February 24, 2017 -- 10:30 a.m., Roney Building - Room 301
- Monday, March 20, 2017 -- 5-6 p.m., Carter I Nursing Auditorium
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 -- 5:30-6:30 p.m., Carter I Nursing Auditorium
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 -- 5:30-6:30 p.m., Carter I Nursing Auditorium
Members of the Committee named by the Board of Regents:
- Dr. Sam Peavy - PSSC Chair and Professor, College Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Chadwick Gugg - Faculty Senate President and School of Computing and Mathematics
- Christy Barry - GSW alumnus and Director of Student Accounts and Staff Senate President
- Bryce Benton - President, Student Government Association
- Dr. Glenn Robins - Professor, College of Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Gaynor Cheokas - Assistant Professor/Director of Center for Business and Economic Development, School of Business Administration
- Dr. ChuChu Wu - Associate Professor, School of Education
- Dr. Michelle Dykes - Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- Dr. Lemond Hall - GSW Alumnus and GSW Alumni Board President
- Hulme Kinnebrew - President, Kinnebrew Company, Americus
- William Peterson - GSW Alumnus and Chair of the GSW Foundation
- Ty Turner - GSW Alumnus and President of the Commercial Bank, Thomasville, Georgia
Members of the Regents’ Special Committee:
- Regent Doreen Poitevint - Chair, Special Committee
- Regent Tommy Hopkins, MD - Chair, Board of Regents
- Regent Laura Marsh
- Regent T. Rogers Wade
- Regent Larry Walker
Procedure and Timeline for Candidacy
Confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume or CV, letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the leadership profile, and the names and contact information of five references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. These materials should be sent electronically via email to Georgia Southwestern State University’s consultants Ann Yates and Charlene L. Aguilar at GSWPresident@wittkieffer.com.
Material that must be mailed may be sent to:
Georgia Southwestern State University C/O WITT/KIEFFER
Attention: Ann Yates and Charlene L. Aguilar
2015 Spring Road, Suite 510
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.