Funeral arrangements for Officer Smith are set for Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. in the GSW Student Success Center Storm Dome. Greg Hancock Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
The online obituary is listed here: http://www.greghancockfuneralchapel.com/obituaries/Jody-C-Smith?obId=1245284#/obituaryInfo.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the service. Parking instructions are listed below:
- Both parking lots behind the Rosalynn Carter Health and Human Sciences Complex (building 49) will be blocked off/reserved for family and procession. Overflow will be directed to the large parking area behind the Education Center (Building 32).
- The parking area behind the Joseph C. Roney Building (building 14) will be blocked off for the NCTA Caisson Unit.
- The parking lot between the Science Building (building 13) and Jackson Hall (building 15) will also be reserved.
- One-third of the large parking lot behind Fine Arts Building (building 31)will be utilized for staging (east end).
- Please be aware that following the memorial service, the procession will leave the Storm Dome, turn left on Perimeter Road, turn left on Anthony Drive (by tennis courts), turn left on GSW State University Drive, remain left on GSW State University Drive and make the transfer from the caisson to the hearse at the intersection of GSW State University Drive and Glessner Streets.