- To access GeorgiaVIEW D2L tutorials, please log in to GeorgiaVIEW and open the Tutorials link in the Faculty Tutorials widget
- USG - D2L Webinars: Click to register
- D2L eLearning Webinars
What's New: GeorgiaVIEW upgrade
- What's New in 10.6.3
- What's New in 10.6.2
- What's New in 10.6.1
- What's New in 10.6.0
- What's New in 10.5.7
- What's New in 10.5.6
D2L Supplementary Materials
Office 365 Apps
Turnitin Feedback Studio
EBSCO Curriculum Builder
Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard
- LockDown Browser Dashboard
- How to use Respondus Monitor in Quizzes
- Respondus Webinars (click here to register)
- How to install BB Collaborate tool in a GaVIEW course
- How to create a session using BB Collaborate: User's Guide
- BB Collaborate Video Tutorial
- BB Collaborate Ultra
- BB Collaborate Resources
- BB Collaborate Technical Support
Films On Demand
- Creating Modules and Topics
- Managing Modules and Topics
- How to copy content to a new/existing course
- “Cleaning” the course before copying new content
- Using HTML Document templates
- Content Document Viewer
- Creating and Arranging Course Content Using Drag and Drop
- Submitting Feedback Using the Content Tool
- Grades Tool
- Grades Settings
- Creating Grade Book
- Creating Grade Items in Quizzes, Dropbox, and Discussions
- Grades are not Showing Up in my Enter Grades
- Attendance Tool
- Attendance Schemes
- Intelligent Agents Tool
- System and Software Requirements
- How to use the D2L Help Center?
- Your GaVIEW username is your CanesNet username: first.last name (e.g. joe.doe), which is a part of the GSW email address before the ‘@’ symbol
- Your GaVIEW password is your CanesNet password.
- By default, courses will not be available to your students until the first day of classes.
- Courses will not be available to students until 1-2 business days after their registration, even if they register late. If this time has passed, and students have problems with seeing or accessing the course, they are recommended to contact you as a course instructor. You can add them to the course manually using their last names.
- Preferred web browsers for GaVIEW are Firefox 45+ and Google Chrome. Internet Explorer is not recommended, however, it is supported. For fewer problems during the semester, disable automatic updates on your computer and DO NOT update your browser or Java until the semester is over.
- Learn about System and Software Requirements
- Find out if your computer is set up properly for GaVIEW. You can also click the “Please click here for a System Check before you login” on the GaVIEW login page.
- Recommend your students to clear their web browser cache and cookies regularly, especially before starting quizzes. It’s a good practice to clear browser cache and cookies often to avoid GaVIEW issues.
- Recommend your students to compose assignments using software such as Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. It will help them to avoid timing-out and losing their work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.
- To minimize issues while taking a quiz, ask your students:
- To clear browser’s cache and cookies
- To save each quiz response as they answer it
- Don’t save all responses individually at the end of the quiz. Saving too many responses at once can cause your quiz to freeze and fail to save the responses.
- Contact GSW GaVIEW Help or the D2L Help Center (DHC) for technical assistance with GeorgiaVIEW:
- New members can register by filling out the Enrollment form on the Brightspace Community Register page
- Please note that it is NOT necessary to login to submit new users when using the Enrollment form
- Post a unique idea:
- Once you log in, click the Product Ideas link at the top
- The tool will list existing similar ideas so you can add comments to an existing idea instead of creating a duplicate
- To post the idea, click Post Idea in the right panel
- Vote on ideas that other community members have posted
- Add comments to ideas to help others understand why it would be valuable to them and search for ideas similar to ones you have
- View recent and popular feature requests
- Subscribe to ideas so you can be alerted to new comments and changes in status.
- USG Faculty Development site
- Archived (including D2L) sessions
- How to open and watch the USG iTunes sessions
- USG Accessibility Tutorial
- USG Office of Faculty Development (OFD) on Facebook
- Georgia Southwestern Faculty Blog
- USG Faculty and Staff Resources
- Khan Academy - a nonprofit educational organization created and sustained by Salman Khan. It supplies a free online collection of more than 2,000 videos on mathematics, science, history, and economics.
- USG Open Education Resources
- The Orange Grove resources
- MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- OER Commons
- Lynda.com - Software and Technology training
- Up and Running with Deasire2Learn - Discover how to build, administer, and transfer courses in D2L
- BitLocker Encryption Guide
- How to encrypt a document in MS Word
- How to get rid of a horizontal line in Word
- How to hide and unhide text in a Word document
- How to integrate Excel spreadsheet into Outlook calendar
- How to copy Word list of emails in a Outlook Distribution list
- Save and print PowerPoint presentation as a .pdf file with 6 slides per page
- Top 15 keyboard shortcuts everyone should know
GeorgiaVIEW Tips for Success
For best success with GaVIEW, remember the Tips listed below.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
Brightspace by D2L Community
The Brightspace by D2L Community is a D2L-hosted, public website (not just for University System of Georgia Brightspace users), and contains important information, including but not limited to archives of D2L documentation and various discussion topics and forums:
USG Faculty Development Workshops registration