On this page, you will find support information, tutorials, and other helpful tools to begin your journey with GeorgiaVIEW
- Check if your computer meets the System and Software Requirements
- Visit the Getting Started page to get familiar with GeorgiaVIEW
- Visit the Getting Started with Campus Technology for Students page.
Tips for Success with GeorgiaVIEW
For best success with GeorgiaVIEW, remember the Tips listed below:
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
- Your GaVIEW username is your CanesNet username: part of the Radar email address before the ‘@’ symbol. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your GaVIEW username is jdoe3.
- Note: your GaVIEW username is not the entire email address, but the first part of it.
- Your GaVIEW password is your CanesNet password
- If you are a new student, you have to set up your CanesNet password using the Reset Password link located on the CanesNet Single Sign-On page or the Forgot your password? link on the GaVIEW login page
- If you forgot or need to reset your GeorgiaVIEW password, use the above links and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Most online courses will not be available until the first day of classes.
- If you are having problems with seeing or accessing your courses in GeorgiaVIEW, contact your instructor.
- If you do not know the name of your instructor:
- Log in to your RAIN account
- Go to Student Detail Schedule and look for the instructor's name
- If you do not have your instructor's contact information:
- Go to the campus Directory
- Type in your instructor's last name in the field and click Search Faculty/Staff
- Your courses will not be available until 1-2 business days after your register, even if you register late. If this time has passed, and you still don’t have access to the course, ask your instructor to add you to the course.
- Preferred web browsers for GeorgiaVIEW are Firefox and Google Chrome. Internet Explorer 11 is not recommended however it's supported. For fewer problems during the semester, disable automatic updates on your computer and DO NOT update your browser or Java until the semester is over
- Read about GeorgiaVIEW technical requirements.
- Clear your web browser cache and cookies regularly, especially before starting quizzes
- For best results, especially when submitting assignments and quizzes, use a fast, reliable, hard-wired Internet connection.
- Compose assignments using software such as Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. If you attempt to write a lengthy paper within the Dropbox tool you may time out and lose your work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.
- To minimize issues while taking a quiz, be sure that you do the following:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies before starting a quiz
- Close any applications that are not necessary for taking your quiz
- Open only one browser window or session when taking a quiz
- Complete the quiz in a timely manner to avoid timing out. Submit your work well before deadlines
- Save each quiz response as you answer it
- Do not try to save all responses individually at the end of the quiz. Saving too many responses at once may cause your quiz to freeze and fail to save the responses.
- Contact GSW GaVIEW Help or the D2L Help Center (DHC) for technical assistance with GeorgiaVIEW: