The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.
- GeorgiaVIEW (Brightspace by D2L platform) is a web-based Learning Management System you will use for your course work. GeorgiaVIEW@GSW is the GSW implementation of the system.
- With GaVIEW, you can see the course content, do and submit your assignments, take tests, and communicate with your instructors and classmates. Nearly all of your courses will use it in some way.
- On the GSW main page, click the Community links. Choose GeorgiaVIEW from the right panel or...
- Scroll down and click the GaVIEW icon at the bottom
- On the GaVIEW Home page, click on the Log in to GaVIEW link
- The students who are enrolled for the GoVIEW (WebBSIT/MSN) courses, should click the Log in to GoVIEW (WebBSIT/MSN/INGRESS/eCore/eMajor) courses link a bit down on the same page
- Your GaVIEW username is your CanesNet username: part of the Radar email address before the ‘@’ symbol. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, your GaVIEW username is jdoe3.
- Please note: your GaVIEW username is not the entire email address, but the first part of it.
- Your GaVIEW password is your CanesNet password
- If you are a new student, you have to set up your CanesNet password using the Reset Password link located on the CanesNet Single Sign-On page or on the GaVIEW Login page
- If you forgot or need to reset your GaVIEW password, use the above links and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Click the Forgot Your Password? link on the GaVIEW Login page
- Or you can click the Reset Password link located on the CanesNet Single Sign-On page
- You can reset your password at any time. You do not need to call or email GaVIEW Help or technical support; just click the “Forgot Your Password?” link and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Use GSW GeorgiaVIEW Help e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSW GeorgiaVIEW Help is only available Monday - Friday during business hours
- We have 24x7 Support for GeorgiaVIEW via the University System of Georgia D2L Help Center. The DHC is designed to answer all your questions online. It can be accessed anytime from anywhere
- How to use the D2L Help Center? Read the instruction
- You can find links to support information on the GSW GeorgiaVIEW Home page.
- Widget is a box with content on your GaVIEW My Home or Course Home page
- Once you log in to GaVIEW, you see My Settings, My Courses, News, etc. widgets on the My Home page
- On the Course Home page, you will see different widgets containing links to your course content (Content Browser widget), News with course announcements, Events with scheduled event dates, etc.
- Students have no access to courses until the course start date (usually the first day of classes)
- If you have just registered for a course, remember that there is a delay of 24 - 48 hours from the day a student registers for a course to the day the student actually has access to the course in GeorgiaVIEW
- If this time has passed, and you are not seeing your course, please contact GeorgiaVIEW Help at email@example.com.
- In the My Settings widget, click the Profile link
- On the "Edit My User Profile" page, click the Change Picture button
- Click the Browse button, locate your picture on your computer, and add it to your profile
- Click the Save button.
Every web browser stores web pages, images and other downloaded content on the computer. This storage place is called the browser's cache, also known as the Temporary Internet Files folder.
Clearing it occasionally or regularly (especially before taking quizzes) can protect your privacy and free up some space in your computer.
Since every browser is different, the following information will outline the steps involved in clearing the cache for web browsers:
- Click History on the Menu bar
- Click "Clear Recent History"
- In the "Time range to clear:", select Everything
- Check the Cookies and Cache boxes
- Click the "Clear Now" button
Internet Explorer 10+:
- Open the browser, go to Tools and click Delete Browsing History
- On the Delete Browsing History pop-up window, select Temporary Internet files and Cookies
- Click the Delete button.
- Click the wrench icon on browser tool bar
- Select Tools
- Select Clear browsing data
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data
- Click Edit from the Opera menu bar
- Click Preferences from the File menu
- Click the History and Cache menu
- Click Cache
- Click OK to close the Preferences menu
- Please refer to thefor detailed information.
- Whenever you are creating a long message, it is recommended that you type it in Microsoft Word or other text-based program, so that you can save the message periodically
- You can then copy and paste the text into the GaVIEW Discussions or Email tool. Therefore, if a timeout or shut down occurs, you do not lose your work
- Compose assignments using Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. If you attempt to write a lengthy paper within the Dropbox Tool you may time out and lose your work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.
Check to see if a yellow bar with the following message is displayed at the top of the screen: “To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options”.
You should change your browser settings to “Prompt for Automatic Downloading of Files”. To change this setting, do the following:
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer)
- Choose Tools, Internet Options
- Click the Security tab
- In the "Security level for this zone" area, click the Custom level... tab
- Scroll down to the “Downloads” section
- Select Enable for “Automatic prompting for file downloads”
- Select Enable for “File download”
- Click OK. Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box
The maximum GaVIEW storage space is 500 (MB) megabytes, which is the largest file size you can upload also.
GSW provides Microsoft Office 365 to every student free of charge.
Office 365 includes the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and more:
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
If you have trouble, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 229-931-2074.