What is your hometown?
Where did you attend high school?
What is your major? What degree will you receive upon graduation?
Upon graduation, I will receive a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Sociology.
When will you graduate?
Please list your University highlights, achievements, leadership and awards.
- Member of Psi Chi Honor Society
- Member of the Psychology/Sociology Club
- Trained SOWEGA CASA Volunteer to advocate for foster children
- President's List - Fall 2016, Spring 2016, Spring 2015
- Dean's List - Fall 2015, Fall 2014, and Fall 2013
- Lead a walk to raise awareness for victims of sexual assault in Spring 2016
- Currently organizing a service project to benefit local foster children through Psi Chi, thanks to the help and support of Dr. Grissett and Dr. Huffman
Why did you choose to attend GSW?
For its small class sizes and friendly, down-to-earth environment
Why did you choose your major?
I chose my major because I want to help people acquire the resources and coping mechanisms to help themselves
What are your favorite things to do at GSW?
Spend time with my friends and boyfriend, work at the library, and enjoy downtown Americus
What is your favorite memory or experience you’ve had at GSW (so far)?
Taking Child Psychology with Dr. Cotter and figuring out the population I am most interested in working with in my career. Also, finding a stray dog by the library who is now my dog.
What are your plans after graduation?
I plan to attend a graduate program to earn a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology. After that, I would also like to get a PhD in Clinical Psychology with a focus in Child Psychology, as well as train a therapy dog.
What do you like to do in your free time?
Read, paint, spend time with my favorite people, walk my dogs (and cat), draw, and go to the beach.
Who is your favorite professor?
Dr. Ellen Cotter