What is your hometown?
Where did you attend high school?
What is your major? What degree will you receive upon graduation?
I am a nursing major and will receive my Bachelor of Science in Nursing upon graduation.
When is your graduation date?
I am expected to graduate on May 4, 2017.
Please list your University highlights, achievements, leadership, and awards.
- I have been honored to receive several scholarships over my years at GSW, including the Lillie Josey Dudley Academic Scholarship, Bebe Gibson Nursing Scholarship, AK Mathis Scholarship, as well as the Crisp Scholarship.
- I am a member of Georgia Southwestern Association of Nursing Students (GSWANS).
- I am a newly inducted member of the Mu Pi chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- I have been on one Study Abroad nursing trip to Jamaica during Spring Break of 2016 and am planning to go again this spring break.
- I am a member of Kappa Delta Sorority and have held the positions of Secretary and Alumnae Relations Chair.
- I have been named to the Dean’s list and the Academic Achievement list several times throughout my years at GSW.
Why did you choose to attend GSW?
I chose to attend GSW because of their outstanding nursing program. I thought it would be crazy to go out of town to attend nursing school when the best is right here in my hometown!
Why did you choose your major?
I chose to be a nurse because of the impact that nurses have had on me. I am a pediatric cancer survivor and I want to be a bright light in someone else’s life, just like my nurses were for me.
What are your favorite things to do at GSW?
I like to stay involved with my sorority as well as attend sporting events, including intramurals. I also like to stay involved with GSWANS and participate in any community service events available.
What is your favorite memory or experience you’ve had at GSW so far?
I think my favorite experience at GSW was when I moved into the dorms my sophomore year and lived on the Kappa Delta hall with my pledge class. It was so much fun being right in the center of everything GSW and having so many friends right next door! Another very exciting memory was the day I got my acceptance letter to the School of Nursing. It was something I will never forget!
What are your plans after graduation?
My plans after graduation are to take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in late May or early June. Right now, I am planning to work in a pediatric unit or within a pediatric hospital here in Georgia.
What do you like to do in your free time?
When I have free time, I like to hang out with my family and friends, and binge-watch Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix.
Who is your favorite professor?
It’s so hard to choose a favorite professor. All of my nursing school professors have been phenomenal. I would have to say one of my favorite professors is Dr. Joy Humphrey. I have had the privilege of having her as my professor for 5 different classes. I also got to experience Jamaica last year with her as our fearless leader. She is so good at what she does and genuinely wants us all to succeed so that we can be the best nurses we can be! She welcomed us with open arms in our very first nursing class and is sending us off with all the knowledge we need in our last class!