The GSW Challenge Course is a great teambuilding activity for any group. We can tailor a program that fits the specific goals of your group. Participants will experience an atmosphere where everyone will be encouraged to meet the challenge through group support and voluntary participation. The GSW Challenge Course is located on the GSW campus, in a beautiful, natural park-like setting.
The GSW Challenge Course Program is designed to provide a safe experiential learning environment. Here, groups and individuals can learn about themselves and address personal, interpersonal and organizational issues. Taking risks and having fun are time-proven mechanisms for breaking down barriers and providing opportunities for growth.
Let the GSW Challenge Course and our trained staff of facilitators help your group to build:
- Trust Self-Confidence Group Cooperation Leadership Skills Group Cohesion
- Group Communication Self Esteem Decision-Making Skills
- The benefits of the GSW Challenge Course are endless. This is an outdoor adventure that your group should not miss!
Consists of games, initiatives and low elements designed to help your group develop their communication, leadership and problem solving skills, as well as a higher level of trust in each other. This is a challenging and relaxing program that focuses on encouraging teamwork. A great program for a first time challenge course experience.
Time: 4 hours Cost: $30 per person
This program is similar to Program A, but offers more low element experiences that are designed to be more challenging than Program A. This program is capped off with an extremely exciting experience on one of the high course elements.
Time: 5 hours Cost: $45 per person
This program is a challenging mix of low and high elements designed to push your group to its mental, emotional and physical limits. This is a great all-around program that will meet the goals of just about any group.
Time: 7 hours Cost: $55 per person
High Performance Team Corporate Program
This program is designed for businesses that want to develop their employees into a high performing and highly effective team. This high energy, interactive teambuilding program consists of games, initiatives, and low and high elements designed develop leadership and communication skills as well as spark the creative genius, team spirit, and sense of camaraderie and cooperation in your employees or co-workers.
Time: 8 hours Cost: $60 per person
The GSW Challenge Course program is designed to help managers and management teams, as well as employees of all levels, to develop their full potential. Being away from the work site, in a natural setting, is a stress reducer and aids groups in abandoning pre-conceived role relationships. Participants are afforded an opportunity to cooperate in a series of problem solving events. The teamwork and creativity, which develops, is then transferred to the workplace. The course demands cooperation, thereby improving communication skills.
The understanding gained from this experience will result in a better functioning group. Communication will be enhanced as well as cooperation and cohesion among individual members, leading to increased productivity and effectiveness in the workplace. The GSW Challenge Course is a resource for your future.
The GSW Challenge Course exists for the development of human potential through experiential challenges, reflection, and transference of that experience to everyday life. We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive experiential environment. That environment creates opportunities for people to challenge their assumptions about themselves and the roles they play in participation in unfamiliar situations. We encourage the application of the insights into daily life through facilitating reflection of these experiences.
Facilitators emphasize the “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, allowing group members to choose their own level of participation. Your success is not determined by achievement, but by your willingness to try new experiences. Challenge by Choice offers the opportunity for you to step outside your comfort zone with help and support from your group. All participants will ultimately determine their own level of participation. As you attempt these new and exciting challenges, our priority is your emotional and physical safety.
Challenge Course facilitators have the technical skills and specialized training to ensure your safety. Physical and emotional safety is a top priority of the GSW Challenge Course staff. All equipment and procedures conform to industry standards. It is important to note that the perceived risk is far greater than the actual risk. People who participate in the Challenge Course Program come in all ages, shapes and sizes. The program is active so there are inherent risks, which must be considered, as with any physical activity. Participants should be aware of the possible risks associated with these activities
- The GSW Challenge Course is available by reservation to all GSW faculty/staff or student groups, corporate groups or civic & community groups. Group Reservations can be made online or by contacting GSW Campus Recreation at (229) 931-2365 or email@example.com
- A Reservation Request form must be completed and submitted for consideration to the Campus Recreation Office no later than 10 days prior to the program date.
- The GSW Campus Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse any or all reservation requests based on availability of the facility or qualified instructors.
- Reservations must made at least 10 days prior to the date of the program. Registration, Medical Information, Liability Waiver forms and Registration Fees are due no later than 7 days prior to the program date.
- Groups must include at least 10 participants and no more than 20 participants. If an organization has more than 20 participants, special arrangements can be made with the Campus Recreation Department.
- For participants under the age of 18, the parent or guardian must also sign the Liability Waiver. Groups that consist primarily of participants under the age of 18 will be required to provide Adult Supervision at a ratio of 1 adult supervisor for every 4 under-age participants.
- Additional Participants can be added, with Program Director’s approval, no later than 48 hours prior to the program start time. All forms and fees for additional participants must also be submitted to the Campus Recreation Department no later than 48 hours prior to the program start time. It is recommended that all additions be made in person at the GSW Campus Recreation Office.
The following forms must be completed by each GSW Challenge Course
participant and submitted to the Campus Recreation Department no later than 48
hours prior to the start of the program:
- Payment can be made with check, money order or cash.
- Full payment is due at time of registration, which should be done no later than 7 days prior to the program
- When paying with a check, Campus Recreation will require that only 1 check be submitted for full payment.
- All checks or money orders should be made payable to: “GSW Campus Recreation/Challenge Course ”
- All fees are due at time of registration.
GSW Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel a program at any time, for any reason.
If a group cancels or reduces the number of participants at least 5 days prior to the program date, they will receive a 50% refund. If a group cancels or reduces the number of participants, within 5 days of the program date, no refund will be given.
If at any time, the number of participants falls below the minimum number (10), the Program Director reserves the right to cancel the program and cancellation refund policies will apply. If it is determined that a program will continue without the minimum number of participants, the participants will be responsible for fees equal to the fees for 10 participants.
Inclement Weather- If a program is cancelled, prior to the start of the program, due to inclement weather, a credit (100% of registration fee) towards a future program will be given.
If a program is cancelled, after the start of a program, a 75% credit towards a future program will be
- 10+ days prior to program date: Contact Campus Recreation to schedule a program
- 7 days prior to program date: All completed registration, medical information and liability waiver forms
- are due.
- All Registration Fees are due.
- *If all forms are not submitted by this deadline, Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel the program.
- 5 days prior to program date: Group can cancel and receive a 50% refund.
- Less than 5 days prior to program date: No refund will be given for cancellations.
- Valdosta State Softball Team
- GSW International Student Association
- Chi Phi Fraternity
- GSW O-Team
- Abraham-Baldwin Agricultural College Student Life
- GSW University 1000
- Americus Rotary Club Youth Leadership Program
- Lee County Soccer Team
As you enter the main entrance to the University, you will be heading directly toward the domed Administration Building. Turn right at the stop sign onto Perimeter Road. Follow Perimeter Road approximately ¼ of a mile until you see the Challenge Course on the right.
Parking will be available in the parking lot directly across from the Challenge Course.
What to Bring
The challenge course sessions are conducted outdoors. Please be sure to wear old clothes. Each participant should bring:
-Tennis Shoes (no sandals) -Hat -Sunglasses -Sunblock -Insect Repellant -Loose, Comfortable clothe -Water Bottles -Snacks or Sack lunch -NO Jewelry -Camera (optional)
GSW Campus Recreation does not provide food during the Challenge Course Program. It is recommended that you make arrangements for participants to bring a sack lunch or arrange for catering. A lunch break will be provided for the longer programs. The time for the lunch break will be determined by the course facilitators. Water will be available.
For more information about how your group can have an experience of a lifetime, contact us at:
GSW Campus Recreation
Angela Lea Summer, Director
800 Wheatley St.
Americus, GA 31709
Phone (229) 931-2365