Personal Training services at GSW are a safe and effective way to help meet your fitness and wellness goals. A nationally certified fitness professional will assist you in developing an orderly exercise routine designed to meet your fitness goals and needs. Combining personal training with other fitness programs will provide you with the well-rounded package you need to improve your health and fitness.
A Personal Trainer will work with you to:
- Establishing reachable and realistic goals
- Increasing participant's fitness level
- Motivating participant throughout their program
- Educating participants in various aspects of fitness conditioning by teaching advance training methods
Personal Trainers also recommend and instruct proper exercise techniques while teaching safe and effective use of fitness equipment. Both individual and partner sessions (2 people) are available depending on your needs and packages range from one to 15 session options.
How much does it cost?
Packages are designed reasonably in order to provide the best quality service at a low cost to currently enrolled GSW affiliated patrons as well as GSW Fitness Members and Hurricane Club Members (HC). Each package with FIVE sessions or more will include the initial consultation and fitness assessment. These offerings are built in to the price listed.
CONSULTATION & FITNESS ASSESSMENT INCLUDED IF YOU PURCHASE >1 SESSION.
|GSW Student/Faculty/Staff (please select)||GSW Fitness Member or HC (please select)|
|☐ Consultation (No Personal Training): $20||☐ Consultation (No Personal Training): $22|
|☐ Single One Hour Session: $25||☐ Single One Hour Session: $28|
|CONSULTATION & FITNESS ASSESSMENT INCLUDED IF YOU PURCHASE >1 SESSION.|
|☐ 5-One Hour Sessions: $20/session, $100||☐ 5-One Hour Sessions: $22/session, $110|
|☐ 10-One Hour Sessions: $15/session, $150||☐ 10-One Hour Sessions: $17/session, $170|
|☐ 15-One Hour Sessions: $11/session, $165||☐ 15-One Hour Sessions: $13/session, $195|
|PARTNER TRAINING (2 people)||PARTNER TRAINING (2 people)|
|☐ Single Partner Session: $18/person/session||☐ Single Partner Session: $20/person/session|
|☐ 5-One Hour Partner Sessions: $15/person/session||☐ 5-One Hour Partner Sessions: $17/person/session|
|☐ 10-One Hour Partner Sessions: $12/person/session||☐ 10-One Hour Partner Sessions: $14/person/session|
|☐ 15-One Hour Partner Sessions: $10/person/session||☐ 15-One Hour Partner Sessions: $12/person/session|
These programs are 4 weeks long; they will have a start and end date. If sessions are not completed within the designated time period, they will be forfeited.
|☐ Fundamental Foundation: $150||
Check back later or contact us for descriptions.
|☐ Weight Management: $170|
|☐ Performance Enhancement: $200|
How do I schedule a session?
- Clients may inquire about Personal Training in the Fitness Center, SSC 1179, between the hours of 9AM and 5PM.
- Clients will be given a policies & procedures packet that they will have to take to Student Accounts, Marshall Student Center on campus, for payment processing.
- After payment, Clients MUST turn in all completed paperwork to SSC 1179 before their first appointment. This gives the Personal Trainer time to evaluate and prepare for each client.
- GSW Fitness and Wellness reserves the rights to request a physician’s clearance form if necessary.
- A Personal Trainer will contact the prospective client about the initial fitness assessment.
- Future appoints may be scheduled with the Personal Trainer after the client completes an initial fitness assessment.
- All males 45 years and above and all females 55 years and over are required to have a Physician's Release prior to participating in this exercise program.
- Please complete the forms below and bring them to the Fitness Center, SSC 1179:
The Personal Training Program is designed for healthy individuals of the Georgia Southwestern campus community/affiliates. The program is not designed for pre or post-natal women, individuals on medication or under the direct care of a physician, individuals with physiological injury. Individuals with special needs should obtain specialized instructions from their attending physician prior to participation.