The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.
Below are many questions that you will have about the Move On When Ready program offered through Georgia Southwestern. Should you need more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 229-928-1387.
The purpose of the Move on When Ready Program is to provide Georgia high school students the opportunity to earn college credits as they simultaneously meet their high school graduation requirements by providing financial assistance toward their cost of attendance at eligible public or private colleges/universities and technical colleges in Georgia.
The Move On When Ready Program is funded by the Georgia Department of Education and administered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission. It is designed to provide participating high school students with financial assistance toward the cost of post secondary coursework.
- Be classified as a high school junior or senior pursuing a high school diploma from an eligible Georgia public or private high school
- Be enrolled in an eligible Georgia public or private college/university or technical college taking approved college credit course work
- Be a legal resident of Georgia
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S. or have evidence from INS of eligible permanent resident alien status
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Post secondary Education Act of 1990
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a student financial aid program
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the college
- GSW Admissions Application submitted by July 21st
- Official High School transcript
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Move On When Ready application
- Completion of all academic course work through the 10th grade and be classified as a high school junior or senior
- SAT score of 970 with a minimum of 430 Critical reading and 400 Math or ACT composite score of 20 with a minimum of 17 English and 17 Math
- 3.0 GPA in college preparatory courses
Students may take classes in English, Math, Science, and in the Social Science areas.
The Move On When Ready program does not cover the costs for classes in the physical education or computer areas. However, students may take classes in these areas at their expense.
Once you have been accepted into the Move On When Ready Program at Georgia Southwestern, you will need to make an appointment with the Admissions Office to register for classes.
Students attending public colleges/universities and technical colleges will receive an award that covers tuition, approved fees, and a book allowance. Some fees may be required depending on USG Regulations. Check with the USG policies on additional fees.