- Hurricane Career Path – Online Job Resource System
- Hurricane Force Tracking Worksheet
- Career Resource Lab
- Career Counseling and Self-Assessment
- GSW Focus2 Login
- Job Fairs and Expos
- Seminars & Presentations
- Alumni Services
- GSW Alumni Association
- Job Applications Website
- NACE Salary Calculator
- Graduate School Information Handout
- Business Phone Etiquette Video
- Business Writing Etiquette Video
- Ready Prep Interview
- Career Shift
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR OUR ONLINE JOB RESOURCE SYSTEM AT GSW!
- View Job Postings
- Connect with employers
- See Announcements from Career Services
- Use the online calendar to keep track of your career events and appointments.
For more instructions to Hurricane Career Path click HERE.
What you can do with Hurricane Career Path:
- Documents - Upload, edit, and manage up to 10 resumes, cover letters, writing samples, and other documents.
- Employers - Search employers and review information about their organizations.
- Calendar - Monitor your job search activity and important dates and events.
- Events - Search and identify career events. These include career fairs, workshops, employer presentations, and information tables.
- Profile - Complete and edit your personal and academic information (viewable only by CSC staff, not employers). This helps establish what jobs and interviews you qualify for. Your profile must be complete for your account to be fully active. You can also change your password in this section.
- Quick Links - Shortcuts to some of the most commonly used aspects of the system.
- Jobs - Search and apply for jobs posted to GSW (including full-time, part-time, and co-op & internship positions). You can also search jobs posted on Going Global, as well as NACElink Network jobs.
The Career Resource Lab is a valuable resource in planning and developing your career. Computers are available for you to use in preparing resumes as well as researching employer information via the Internet. Online employment information is readily available for your review. Focus 2, Occupational Information, Job Choice Magazines, and the GCIS (Georgia Career Information System) are available for you.
Handouts are available on career decision-making, resume preparation, interviewing techniques, and career choices. Salary information is extremely helpful in making career decisions and is available in our Resource Lab. The Resource Lab is available during regular operating hours Monday through Friday and by appointment.
Career Counseling is provided to students and alumni through self-assessment electronic evaluations as well as career exploration and decision-making through individual appointments. Career Services staff will assist you in formulating and implementing career paths reflecting the quality of your educational background and personal Values.
To schedule an appointment for Career Counseling or Self-Assessment Evaluations, please stop by our office, or call us at 229-931-2237.
Career Opportunities, a career fair held in Atlanta each fall, is hosted by over 24 colleges and universities throughout Georgia and provides students with an excellent opportunity to meet with employers looking to hire recent and upcoming college graduates and alumni. The GACE (The Georgia Association of Colleges and Employers) career fair is held each spring in Atlanta, and features major employers from around the state who are recruiting for recent and upcoming graduates. GSW students and alumni are invited and encouraged to attend these career fairs.
The Teacher Placement Fair is held each spring semester in the School of Education. Education students who will be available to begin teaching this school year have an excellent opportunity to interview with approximately 60 public and private school systems during this time.
Career Day Partnerships provides students and alumni an opportunity to meet with employers on the campus of Valdosta State University who are seeking qualified applicants for job openings. This event is held in April each year.
For more information about these events, contact Career Services at email@example.com or stop by our office. To participate in these events, you must have a current resume on file with the Career Services Office. Students seeking full-time employment should submit a resume early in their senior year.
Also check our Calendar of Events page for Career Fairs, Expos, and Employer Visit updates.
Each semester, Career Services conducts seminars on Resume Writing Skills, Successful Interviewing Skills, and Career Fair Preparation. These important seminars will help you in preparation for the job search. Your resume is a tool used to sell yourself to a potential employer and is the first step in the hiring process. You will be able to polish your interview skills and learn the "do's" and "don'ts" of a successful career fair by attending these seminars.
Look for flyers around Campus and be sure to check our Calendar of Events page for dates and times each semester.
All Hurricane Career Path services are available to GSW alumni. Call or stop by our office to schedule an appointment or email us. GSW alumni are encouraged to take advantage of any or all of these services.