The primary mission of the Georgia Southwestern State University Public Safety Department is twofold in that it is:
- To provide a safe environment conducive to the enhancement of the academic needs of the campus community.
This part of the mission shall be accomplished by Public Safety providing twenty-four (24) hour security coverage to the lives and properties of the Georgia Southwestern State University campus community.
- To provide educational programs relevant to the reduction of crime on a University campus.
To achieve this purpose, the following goals are established:
- Protection of Life and Property
- Prevention, Detection and Investigation of Criminal Activity
- Apprehension of Offenders
- Maintenance of Public Order
- Recovery of Property
- Training of Officers
- Compliance with Ethical Standards
- Traffic Control
- Community Service
- Agency Administration
- Agency Evaluation