The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.

GSW students study on lawn

Congratulations on your recent acceptance to Georgia Southwestern State University.

Southwestern freshmen students will live in Southwestern Oaks. Transfer and Upperclassmen students will live in Southwestern Pines or Southwestern Magnolia.

If you will be living on campus, please complete the following items:


(those students who have graduated high school within the last year)


For those not living on campus:

Students who are over the age of 21 or have over 60 hours of earned credit are exempt from the housing requirement. There is no need to submit either form.

Housing assignments will only be given to those who have been accepted by Georgia Southwestern State University or the South Georgia State College Entry Program, have submitted an official housing application, and have paid the $50 non-refundable housing application fee.

The $50 housing application fee is non-refundable. It will not be returned to individuals who do not secure a housing assignment (due to their lack of acceptance or failure to complete a housing application) nor to individuals who choose not to occupy their assigned room (i.e. enrolled students who choose to live off-campus or those who choose not to matriculate).

For questions regarding these forms or the housing application process:

Incoming GSW freshmen should contact Jamie Lineberry in the Office of Admissions at or 229-928-1273.

All other applicants should contact the Office of Residence Life at or 229-931-2375.


Define Yourself

All Staff Goofy

Being a RA provides opportunities to develop valuable leadership and communication skills, to shape an environment that supports students' academic and personal development, to make friends that will last a lifetime, and to define yourself!

The RA position is extremely important to the Department of Residence Life. We want to ensure RAs have the skills, interests, and experiences that will help them thrive in this challenging and enjoyable position.

Selection decisions are based on information from the application, the time spent in the RA Leadership class, the interview process, and references. Solely filling out the application does not guarantee that a candidate will be selected for the RA class or the RA role.


Important Dates
October 13                    Applications Available                
November 2, 9pm          Resume Workshop in Oaks 1      
November 3, 8pm          Resume Workshop in Oaks 2
November 19, 5pm        Applications Due                      
December 1                  Notification of Placement in RA Class

Information Sessions Dates/Locations
Oaks 1 Info Session      October 13, 8pm
Oaks 2 Info Session      October 13, 8:30pm
Pines Info Session         October 19, 8pm
Magnolia Info Session    October 19, 8:30pm
MSC Info Table             October 19, 27, 11am-1pm
MSC Info Table            November 4,12, 11am-1pm

Click here to apply to be a RA for the 2016-2017 academic year!

For more information contact Residence Life Coordinator Jill Hohnecker


Housing Office

Phone: 229-931-2375

Fax: 229-931-2835


Residence Life Staff

Jason Collins
Housing Coordinator
Location: Student Success Center Office 3441
Phone: 229-931-2903
Courtney Harmon
Residence Hall Director
Location: SW Pines Office
Phone: 229-931-4608
Jill Hohnecker
Residence Life Coordinator
Location: SW Oaks Office
Phone: 229-931-3195
Maegan Pierce
Residence Hall Director
Location: SW Magnolia Office
Phone: 229-928-1380
Jason Wicker
Director of Residence Life
Location: SSC 3435
Phone: 229-931-2706
Queron Wynne
Desk Assistant Coordinator
Location: SSC 3437
Phone: 229-931-2375

The 10, 15, and unlimited meals per week plans include unlimited seconds in the dining hall and Flex Cash that may be spent in the Chick-Fil-A, Boar's Head, Java City coffee shop, or in our on-campus convenience store.

Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 Semester Rates

Meal Plans Available to All Students
(Residents that have not earned 60 credit hours are required to have one of the options below.)

  • 10 Meals per week + $425 flex dollars ($1653)
  • 15 Meals per week + $375 flex dollars ($1748)
  • Unlimited Meals per week + $275 flex dollars ($1830)

Meal Plans Available to Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students Only
(Residents that have earned 60 credit hours are required to choose one of the options listed above or one of the following plans.)

  • Block Plans (Optional)
    • 25 Meals + $225 flex dollars ($410)
    • 40 Meals + $225 flex dollars ($510)
  • Dining Dollar Only Plan
    • $400 flex dollars ($400)

Meal Plan Information


First-time GSW Freshmen Students

We are excited that you will be joining our Georgia Southwestern Family! A housing packet will be mailed to you from our Admissions Office once you are accepted. If you have questions, regarding the process or mail outs, feel free to contact them. 

First time SGSC Freshmen Students

We are excited that you would like to live on campus at Georgia Southwestern! The housing information will be sent to you from the SGSC Entry Program Office once you have been accepted. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Exemption from Residency

All freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus.  If you wish to live off campus and meet the exemption requirements listed below, please submit a 2015-16 Exemption from Residency Form.

  • I will be 21 years of age prior to August 31 of the next academic year.
  • I am married.
  • I have a child who lives with me.
  • I will be living with my parents and commuting from within a 50 – mile radius.

Upperclassmen, Transfer, and Graduate Students

Please submit an Upperclassmen Housing Application to ensure you get the room you want.  

Non – Retuning Residents

If you are graduating or not returning to GSW, please submit a Non - Returning Form in order to receive your deposit.

Meningitis Form

All residential students must also submit a Meningitis Form.

Housing Appeal

If you have already filled out a housing contract and would like to appeal your obligation to it, please submit an Appeal of Housing Obligation Form.

Checking Out of the Residence Halls

If a student is withdrawing from the university or has an emergency and needs to check out of the residence halls the student must complete the General Check-out Packet and submit all paperwork to the Office of Residence Life located on the 3rd floor of the Student Success Center.

applyrainclassScheduleemaildonateGeorgiaViewCanes ConnectBeaconyoutubeinstagramtwitterfacebook

© Georgia Southwestern State University, 800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive, Americus, Georgia 31709 | (877) 871-4594

Email Access

To login into email, please select if you are a student or Faculty/Staff

Student Email    Faculty/Staff Email


Apply to GSW

Thank you for your interest in Georgia Southwestern. What would you like to apply for?

Undergraduate Admissions    Graduate Admissions    Check Admission Status


Site Login

You can use this portal to login to the GSW website.  This will allow you to make instant edits to your pages. If you do not have an account and are a GSW Faculty/Staff member please click here.

Please be sure to logout when you are done!