Admission to the graduate program in business administration is limited to holders of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Admission will be granted only to students showing high promise of success in graduate study. The candidate's performance on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) and the candidate's undergraduate academic record will be used to determine admission status. The GMAT/GRE requirement is only waived for applicants who have earned a previous master’s degree or for those graduating with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of a 3.50 or higher. For students who submit GRE scores, a predicted GMAT score is determined based upon the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools, developed by the Educational Testing Service that administers the Graduate Record Examination.
The completed application packet, including all supporting documentation, must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions by the deadline for each term. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions with questions. Applicants may apply for admittance during any semester. The complete admissions packet is comprised of the following:
- Graduate application for admission
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Official test scores (Unless applicant graduated from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of a 3.50 or higher)
- Letters of recommendation
- Immunization form (before enrollment)
- Documentation of Lawful Presence (before enrollment, if applying for in-state tuition)
Students applying for a Master of Business Administration degree who already hold a master's degree in another area may submit an application packet without test scores. Admission will be granted based on the grade point average earned for the previous master's degree.
- A minimum undergraduate overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.70 as reported on the official transcripts from all accredited institutions.
- A score of 1,000 or higher using formula (1) or 1,050 or higher using formula (2)
- Formula 1: GMAT score/predicted score + (200 x Undergraduate GPA [four point scale])
- Formula 2: GMAT score/predicted score + (200 x Upper Undergraduate GPA [four point scale])
- Completion of the prerequisite requirements
EXEMPTIONS: The GMAT/GRE requirement is only waived for applicants who have earned a previous master’s degree or for those graduating with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of a 3.50 or higher.
Competitive Admissions Statement
Acceptance into the MBA program is competitive. The admission criteria listed above reflect minimum standards and meeting these criteria does not guarantee acceptance into the MBA program.