Georgia Southwestern welcomes home schooled students. Our First Year Experience program along with our small school atmosphere is a perfect environment for home school students to continue their education. Students with a diploma from a regionally accredited home study program or a diploma from the Center of the Accrediting Council for Independent Study (Georgia only) will be given the same consideration for admission as a student from a public high school. Admission decision for home schooled students from other programs through non-accredited schools will be made based on the criteria below. Please print the packet with the checklist and other necessary forms.
- Completed application with the $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Official SAT or ACT scores - Home Educated students must take the SAT I or ACT and meet the minimum total score of the average combined score of the preceding year's enrolled Freshman class. The standard is a combined 1000 on Critical Reading and Math or an ACT composite of 22.
- Official transcripts from any conventional public/private high school and colleges attended.
- Copy of current Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with local Board of Education.
- Transcript detailing courses taken or in progress, grade achieved, and year taken. If a transcript is not available, please complete the Home School Required High School Curriculum Credit Evaluation Form.
- Signed and notarized copy of Affirmation Statement following high school graduation. Students admitted before their high school graduation are conditionally admitted pending completion of the required high school curriculum and the submission of the Affirmation Statement.