The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.
BSN PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (SLOS)
1. Provide patient-centered care / with sensitivity & respect for the diversity of human experience. (QSEN & Essential IX)
2. Utilize inter- and intraprofessional collaboration skills / to provide holistic nursing care (QSEN & Essential VI)
3. Integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise. (QSEN & Essential III)
4. Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes. (QSEN & Essential II)
5. Employ emerging technology & information management tools / to inform decision-making in the delivery of care. (QSEN & Essential IV)
6. Utilize critical thinking / to provide care for individual & communities. (Essential VII)
7. Analyze the effects of healthcare policy / on the quality & safety in the practice environment. (Essential V)
8. Assume responsibility for personal & professional behaviors. (Essential VIII)
9. Integrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes from the sciences, arts, humanities, and nursing science in providing nursing care in a global society. (QSEN & Essential I)
Student learning outcomes were developed based on AACN 2008 Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses Project.
We are delighted that you are interested in our School of Nursing!
All students wishing to apply to the School of Nursing must first apply and be accepted to the university. Students interested in the BSN are first classified as “pre-nursing”. Once the pre-nursing criteria have been met, a student may apply to the
Sandra Daniel, PhD, RN, PNP Dean,
Welcome to the website of the Georgia Southwestern State University School of Nursing. Whether you are a student preparing to launch a new career in nursing or a nurse seeking further education at the baccalaureate or master’s level, you will receive an excellent nursing education at GSW. You will have the opportunity to learn from exceptional faculty who are experts in their field, faculty who strive diligently to provide the highest level of nursing education. We combine traditional classroom instruction with on-line and state of the art simulation technology to enhance your learning. As a graduate, you will be actively recruited by the best hospitals and health care agencies in the state. For RNs seeking the baccalaureate or master’s degree, the programs are offered totally online. We hope to personally welcome you to GSW and hope you will join us as you prepare for an exciting and challenging career in nursing!
Teresa Teasley, DNP, RN, Chair, Undergraduate Program, Professor, Fuller E. Callaway Professorial Chair
I am delighted to welcome you to the website for the
Traditional BSN Program 2nd Degree BSN Program LPN-BSN Program RN-BSN Program (Online)
Application deadlines for the Traditional, 2nd Degree, and LPN-BSN are twice a year:
Summer Entry Fall Entry
January 15 February 15
Attention transfer students: Your nursing application will require a transcript evaluation so be sure to apply early to the university so that this document can be completed before the nursing application deadline.
Application deadlines for the RN-BSN program only:
Spring Entry Summer Entry Fall Entry
October 15 March 15 June 15
Please contact me with your inquiries or questions about any of our programs. I am also glad to guide you through the application process.