Thank you for your service to this country!
Georgia Southwestern School of Nursing is proud to be qualified to contribute to your education through the ARMY Medical Department (AMEDD) Enlisted Commissioning Program AECP) for ARMY Enlisted Personnel.
The AMEDD Enlisted Commissioning Program (AECP) provides eligible Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, or AGR ARMY SOLDIER’s the opportunity to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and receive a commission in the Active Duty component of the ARMY Nurse Corps.
The first step is to apply to the University and be accepted. In most cases, one should apply for the intended year of admission. All prerequisite core curriculum must be completed before entering nursing. Core courses are available through various colleges and technical institutions, as well as Georgia Southwestern via ecore (please check with Registrar for online core curriculum courses). Transfer Articulation and Curriculum Sheets are available on the GSW Admission website to help you see what core curriculum will transfer to GSW. Send all official transcripts to university admissions so that a transcript evaluation can be performed by admissions and made available to the School of Nursing. Review of applications to the School of Nursing can't be done until a transcript evaluation is available from our Registrar.
The second step is to apply to the School of Nursing for the semester/year actually planned for entry to classes. The items listed below are sent only to the School of Nursing (along with unofficial transcripts if requested):
- School of Nursing Application Form for specific program
- Two (2) completed reference forms
- Personal Statement Essay or Resume
- HESI is waived for AECP only and not required for School of Nursing application
The GSW School of Nursing offers three BSN programs that meet AECP requirements:
Traditional BSN Program– for students with no nursing background
2nd Degree BSN Program- for students with a bachelor degree or higher in non-nursing field of study
LPN-BSN Program- for state licensed LPNs wanting to become nurses with BSN
- Each program track is taught face to face on our beautiful campus and in our state-of-the-art educational nursing facility.
- Program can be completed in two years.
- Cost of the two year nursing program is within the range of AECP approval. To date fees are:
- Matriculation - depending on course load
- BOR-Institutional fees $242.00
- Technology fee $55.00
- Nursing lab fee $100.00
- Testing/Exam-Nursing $540.00
- Parking $18.00
- ID fee $10.00
- All other fees are waived by the university for active duty persons in the AECP program.
- Our NCLEX (RN licensure) pass rate for 2016 is 88.68%.
- Program accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) as of Fall 2015 for a period of 5 years and the Georgia Board of Nursing.
- Assistance in completion of DA 2125 form.
- Electronic documents and correspondence (rather than required via mail) can be accomplished to help those stationed abroad.
Admission to the Traditional, 2nd Degree, and LPN-BSN programs is fall only. (AECP applicants do not have to meet the published application deadlines for the program(s), but are encouraged to apply as quickly as possible due to limited space for student acceptance.)
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Class dates for those who are already accepted to Nursing for 2016:
- Fall - GSW Orientation Tuesday, August 16, 2016 -- Classes start Wednesday, August 17, 2016
|Our Student Services Coordinator, Cassie Spradley, is the contact person for questions or help with the AECP. Please contact her at email@example.com.|