ENACTUS is a global non-profit organization active in more than 40 countries. ENACTUS is funded by financial contributions from corporations, entrepreneurs, foundations, government agencies and individuals. Working in partnership with business and higher education, ENACTUS establishes student teams on university campuses. These teams are led by faculty advisors and they are challenged to develop community outreach projects that reach ENACTUS's business criteria.
ENACTUS team members leverage their personal educational experiences, the expertise of their faculty advisors, the support of their local business advisory boards, and the resources of their institutions to implement programs that create real economic opportunities for members of their communities. The effectiveness of their programs is judged at competition. Each national ENACTUS organization conducts a national competition, which is judged by leaders from its business community. At competition, ENACTUS teams present the results of their educational outreach projects and compete to determine which team was most successful at creating economic opportunity for others. ENACTUS National Champion teams advance to the top level of competition, the ENACTUS World Cup.
Dr. Robert Bennett, Instructor
Office: Room 219, Business Building
Dr. Gaynor Cheokas, Instructor
Office: Room 212, Business Building
AJ Hooper, Management Major, Junior
Ashton Goff, Marketing Major, Spring 2016 Graduate
Josh Birchfield, Management Major, Senior
Maegan Pierce, English Major with minor in Management, Senior
Scott Raymond, Management Major, Senior
Tanesha Hill, Human Resource Management, 2nd Degree Graduate Student
Vanna Lucke, Psychology Major, Spring 2016 Graduate
Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International. The GSW chapter was formally installed and members have been inducted since the 2009/2010 academic year.
The Mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members.
The Mission is supported by the five Objectives of the Society. These include:
- Encourage and honor high academic achievement by students of business and management through chapters in business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Foster in Beta Gamma Sigma members an enduring commitment to the founding principles and values of the Society: honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom, and earnestness.
- Support the advancement of business thought and practice to encourage lifelong learning.
- Enhance the value of Beta Gamma Sigma for students and alumni members in their professional lives.
- Advance the visibility and reputation of Beta Gamma Sigma.
Business Advisory Board
The Business Advisory Council is composed of business professionals from the South Central and Southwest Georgia region. Its mission is to guide, promote, advise and support the Georgia Southwestern State University School of Business Administration in its efforts to serve its students, state, region, and nation. These successful men and women voluntarily share time, energy and expertise assisting the School in the accomplishment of our educational mission.
The Business Advisory Council officially meets two times per year, with the agenda for each meeting developed by the Dean of the School in consultation with the President and the membership of the Business Advisory Council. Other meetings are scheduled as needed to address needs of the School and University.
As employers of many of our graduates, Council members provide feedback on strengths as well as needs of our students. They let us know what skills are imperative in their work environments. The School uses this input to improve the quality of our instruction.
2013-2014 Business Advisory Council Members
- Anderson, Tina, Moultrie Tech
- Blalock, Mark, TCI Powder Coatings
- Blount, Barry, SB&T / Mayor
- Blue, Eshonda, Innovative Senior Solutions
- Brooks, Dr. Roy
- Sumter Co Schools Superintendent
- Bryce, Jackie, STAR Racing
- Cheokas, Mike, State Representative
- Denham, Mike, Denham Agency
- Donnelly, Mike, Ga Power
- Fathi, Faith, GSW – Career Services
- Fletcher, Dianne, Gammage Print Shop
- Hair, Laurie, Phoebe Sumter Medical Center
- Hall, Paul, CE Minerals
- Harris, Bill
- Glover Food Service
- Hayes, Gaye, GSW - Admissions
- Hicks, John
- Wal-Mart Supercenter - GM
- McMillan, Ted, Sumter EMC
- Minick, Mark, Minick Interiors
- Pennington, Charles, Coastal Logistics Group, Inc.
- Reeves, Kevin, Parker’s Heating & Air
- Stanfield, Steve, DGR Group, Inc
- Webb, Lewis
- DGR Group, Inc
- Wall, Jennifer, Wall & Wall, LLC
- Wheeler, Wes
- Parker’s Heating & Air
- Woodall, John
- Wysochansky, Mary, After Hours Care