The present and future job markets for well-trained geologists and geophysicists appear good. This is especially true in the fields of environmental, groundwater and petroleum geology. The Department has modernized its curriculum with courses in Environmental Geology, Field Methods, Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing to better prepare its graduates for today's job market. Those who seek an advanced degree in geology through graduate school will greatly enhance their opportunities for employment. Activate the Department's geoscience job links site' shown below to learn more about current jobs in geology.
The following are links to several job listings for geology, geo-environmental and GIS positions.
- American Geological Society's Guide to Jobs and Employers in Geology
- Jobs in Environmental Companies in Georgia
- USA Jobs- Federal Government Job Search
- Department of Interior Agency Job Search
- CareerMine Mining Employment Database and Career Guide
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- A Job Listing for Petroleum Industry
- Environmental Jobs Listed by Environmental Careers Bulletin
- GIS Jobs Clearinghouse
- Job Listings in GIS, GPS and Related Fields
- Geoweb Online Resources For GIS and GPS