Shortcut to the Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule.
The Academic Resource Center is a great place to work, learn and EARN while you attend college. ARC hires over 40 students every semester in various roles. Come join our team!
Tutors and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders: Teach a course or subject that you know well for 1-2 hours a week. Improve your skills and qualifications through CRLA Certification.
- At least a second semester freshman
- Have made at least a" B" in the subject you wish to tutor
- Two (2) academic references
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- One or more of the above requirements may be waived due to an urgent need for a tutor in a particular subject.
You can enjoy:
- Flexible schedule: you can work around classes or other obligations
- Higher level of thinking: improve your own content knowledge
- CRLA Certification: Opportunity to complete training for certification with an international tutoring program
- Higher pay: With training, you may receive higher than minimum wage
- Work experience: Something to put on your resume and a reference for future employment or graduate school applications.
Lab Assistants: Provide direct customer service to other students visiting ARC for advising, tutoring, computer lab use, or other services
- Comfortable assisting other students
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Able to work successfully with limited supervision
As long as you are giving priority to your work responsibilities, you may use your time for studying if the lab is quiet. Study AND get paid…what a deal!
Storm Spotters: Lead new freshmen to success through UNIV1000 classes. Help organize and teach class with instructors.
- Sophomores and Juniors preferred, but other qualified applicants will be considered.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Recommendation from Faculty or Staff Member
- Successful completion of UNIV1000
- Knowledge of major and university in general
- Available for at least two Storm Days (dates TBD) during summer
- Available for Spotter Training the week prior to school starting in fall semester
- Available the Monday, Tuesday, and Friday the week that school starts
- Available MW 11:00-11:50 am (Convocation Hour) during the fall semester
When to apply:
Tutors, SI Leaders, and Lab Assistants are recruited and selected during each semester for work in the following semester.
Storm Spotters are recruited and selected at the end of spring semester for leading Storm Days in summer and teaching in the fall semester.
Check Canes Connect for posted applications. Priority is given to successful returning students.