Georgia Southwestern State University (GSW) embraces diversity as an integral part of being a caring community of lifelong learners. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse, accessible, civil and supportive campus. GSW provides an environment and curriculum which affirms pluralism of beliefs and opinions, including diversity of religion, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age and socioeconomic class.
The University will implement and adhere to policies and procedures which discourage harassment and other behaviors that infringe upon the freedom and respect that every individual deserves.
The Human Relations Council's Purpose is to:
- develop and promote an atmosphere of harmony and fairness for all members of the campus community.
- assist the President in insuring that fair treatment and opportunity is provided for everyone at GSW regardless of race, religion, economic status, age, sexual orientation, national origin and gender.
upon the request of the President, conduct studies on multicultural issues and fair treatment and advise the President on actions for improvement.
- promote cooperation within the campus community and among all organizations on campus in the interest of equal opportunity and fair treatment of all groups represented on campus.
- develop and implement programs designed to foster openness, respect, understanding and acceptance of differences among human beings.
- provide a forum for discussion of issues regarding human relations on campus to include identification of issues and expression of complaints.
Members and Membership:
The HRC consists of a diverse blend of faculty, staff and students. New members are nominated by the HRC to the President. The President selects and invites new members to join. Faculty and Staff members serve for a minimum of three years. Student members serve for a minimum of one year. If you are interested in joining the council, please contact any of the members listed below.
John Fox - English Language Institute and Chairman of the HRC
|"Chief" Bryant - Campus Safety||Toni Brown - Student|
|Karen Cook - CIS Faculty||Michelle Chaney - Student|
|Nedialka Iordanova - Chemistry Faculty||Geng'an "Annie" Chen - Student|
|Mike McNeely - Physical Plant Staff||Wanda Curtis - Student|
|Cheri Paradise - Accounting Services Staff||Kristin Hollis - Student|
|Janet Siders - Human Resources Director||Xu "Caroline" Wang - Student|
|Chu-Chu Wu - School of Ed. Faculty||Carie Young - Student|
There are two ex-officio members that remain on the HRC continually due to their positions on campus.
Director of Human Resources
Assistant Dean of Students & Judicial Affairs
HRC SATISFACTION SURVEY