|1. Dr. Michael Hanes |
2. Approval of Minutes of March 23, 2004
3. New Business
A. Substantive Change - Program
(1) B.S. Ed./Early Childhood Education Initial Certification Program - Delete EDEC 2400, 2500, 3901, 3902, 4900, 4960, EDRG 3050, 4050. Add: EDRG 3280, 3020, EDEC 3100, EDUC 3400, EDUC 2010, 2030, HPER 2050, EDEC 2700, MUSC 2140. Change: EDEC 3650, 3400, 3450, 4550. Field Experience Requirements - All courses indicated on curriculum sheets as requiring field experience hours will have those hours embedded within the courses. Instructors will work with PDS cooperating teachers to create schedules and communication strategies that ensure the greatest coherence between course instruction and field experience. Successful completion of coursework will require successful application of outcomes within the field experience.
(2) Middle Grades Education Program - Explicit identification of field experience hours with courses preceding student teaching: New Courses: EDRG 3060, EDUC 3400, EDMG 3020. Increased credit hours from 3 to 5 in EDMG 3030, EDMG 4050, EDMG 3060, and EDMG 3100 to incorporate Assessment component and field experience hours. Deletion of EDMG 2300, EDMG 2900, EDUC 2800, the requirement of EDMG 3140 or EDMG 3700, and EDMG 4400. Opening School Experience requirement (fall of academic year in which student teaching is scheduled, 120 clock hours); require EDUC 2030, two core concentration courses and a major elective course in Core Area F.
(3) Secondary Certificate Programs (a) (b) - Explicit identification of field experience hours with courses preceding and including student teaching (minimum of 900 hours total). New Courses: EDRG 3060 and EDUC 3400. Increased credit hours from 4 to 5 in EDSC 4090 Bio and Chem with TC), EDSC 4100 (Hist w/TC), EDSC 4060 (Eng w/TC, and EDSC 4080 (Math w/TC) to incorporate Assessment component and supervised field experience; Opening School Experience requirement (fall of academic year in which student teaching is scheduled, 120 clock hours); require EDUC 2030 in core area F or Certification Core; change the title of EDSC 4960 - Practicum Gr 7-12 to High School and Organization (Field hours decreased from 120 hours to 45 hours).
B. Addition - Program
B.S. Ed./Interrelated Special Education - Creation of Undergraduate Program in Inter-related Special Education replacing separate degree programs in Intellectual Disabilities and Learning Disabilities. New Courses: EDSP 4210, EDSP 4051, EDUC 3115, EDUC 3400, EDSP 4550, EDSP 4610; field experience hours are explicitly identified with courses in the program; EDSP 2510 replaces EDUC 2800 as a Core Area F requirement.
C. Deletion - Program
(1) B.S. Ed./Intellectual Disabilities Initial Certification Program - Deletion of intellectual disabilities initial certification program which is a categorical area of special education to allow for proposal of a new initial certification program in non-categorical, interrelated special education.
(2) B.S. Ed./Learning Disabilities Initial Certification Program - deletion of Learning Disabilities initial certification program which is a categorical area of special education to allow for proposal of a new initial certification program in non-categorical, interrelated special education.
D. Proposed Change in Definition of “Scholarship” at GSW - Approved by Faculty Affairs