Help Logging In
There are four systems with which every student must be familiar:
- Registration and Academic Information Network (RAIN)
RAIN is the web portal to all the information about your student career; transcripts, class schedules, financial aid eligibility, and other important information is available here.
- Radar student email
Your student email is one official means through which GSW communicates with students.
Your CanesNet credentials allow you to log in to computers all around campus and authenticate to the network.
GeorgiaVIEW gives you access to online materials from classes.
Minimum System Requirements for Student Computers:
Before you can connect to the GSW Network your computer you will need to have:
- virus software installed and set for auto update
- virus check conducted
- critical updates for OS installed and set to auto update
Registration and Academic Information Network (RAIN)
Rain gives you access to your student record, class schedules, financial aid eligibility, and other valuable information.
- Log in to RAIN by clicking the RAIN link on the main GSW website or https://rain.gsw.edu/.
- Username: GSW ID#
- PIN: initially your six digit birthday (i.e. 110487 for November 4, 1987)
For assistance logging in to RAIN contact:
Radar Student Email
GSW has set up an email account for every enrolled student. E-mail will serve as an official means of sending information to students by faculty and staff.
To verify your radar email address:
- Log into Rain.
- Click on Personal Information and then click on View E-mail Addresses. One of
- the email addresses listed should be “<user>@radar.gsw.edu”. This is your email address on radar. The part before the '@' symbol is your username to log into radar.
- Your password is your CanesNet password (initially set to the last 6 digits of your gswID#).
- Before you can log in to your email account, you must change your password in one of three ways:
To access your Radar email:
Log into http://mail.radar.gsw.edu/
For more information about your Radar account, check out the Student E-mail page.
For assistance with Radar email, please contact:
GaVIEW is used for accessing online course material and for online courses.
- To login into GaVIEW, please go to http://gsw.edu/GeorgiaVIEW/
- Your user name is the part of your RADAR email address before the @ symbol.
- Your password is initially the same as your RAIN pin.
For assistance with GaVIEW, please contact:
Your CanesNet credentials allow you to log in to computers around campus and authenticate to the network.
- Your username is the same as your Radar username.
- Your password is initially the last 6 digits of your GSW ID#.
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted to change your password.
Before you can use your CanesNet credentials to authenticate to the network (wired or wireless), you must log in to a computer in a lab and change your password.
For more information regarding the CanesNet wireless network, please go the Wireless Internet at Georgia Southwestern page.
For assistance with your CanesNet account, please contact:
Residents located in Southwestern Oaks 1 and 2, Southwestern Pines and Magnolias 1 and 2 are provided with both a wired and wireless network connection in each room. To utilize the wired network connection residents' computers must have a network card and network cable at least 15 feet in length. To access the wireless network in each building residents' computers must have a wireless network card installed.
Residents located in Duncan Hall are only provided with a wireless connection.
For problems connecting to the internet in your room, please contact:
IT help desk
Printing in the Labs (PaperCut Procedures)
Each semester a portion of the $50 student technology fee is used to purchase and support printers, paper, and toner in all GSW open computer labs. GSW technology fee funds are allocated according to University System of Georgia guidelines to ensure support for student campus computing and adequate access to instructional software packages. The proper allocation of technology fee resources is essential to ensuring that the latest technology is available to students.
Beginning Fall Semester 2013, each student will receive $10 of CanesNet printing credits per semester to be used in the GSW computer labs to print up to 100 sheets. Additional CanesNet printing credits may be purchased from Student Accounts (in Marshall Student Center) or the front desk in the Library. Each CanesNet printing card costs $5 and is good for printing up to fifty sheets.
If there are problems with a print job, students are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org with name, phone number, radar email address, date/time, and a brief description of the problem.