AMERICUS, Ga. (Sept. 4, 2013)—Georgia Southwestern State University (GSW) has announced its 2013-2014 Chamber Concert Series, opening with the Georgia Guitar Quartet Thursday, Sept. 19 at 7:30 p.m. in Jackson Performance Hall. This year marks the 35th season of the series. The complete concert series schedule is listed below.
- Thursday, Sept. 19 – Georgia Guitar Quartet
- Monday, Oct. 7 – Eugenia Zukerman, flute
- Monday, Nov. 18 – Billion Dollar Trio ETA3 (flute, clarinet, and piano).
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 – Ensemble Chaconne, Measure for Measure: Music of Shakespeare’s Plays
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 – Kontras Quartet
Due to unforeseen events, the Kontras Quartet will not be able to perform. However, we are fortunate to be able to present Dr. Leroy Bynum, tenor, and Dr. Andrew Zohn, guitar. They will be performing works by Dowland, Britten, von Weber, Seiber, and Argento.
- Sunday, April 13, 3:00 pm – Albany Symphony featuring GSW, Albany State and Darton College Choirs, “Evening of Italian Opera,” The Rylander Theatre
All performances will take place at 7:30 p.m. in GSW’s Jackson Performance Hall, unless otherwise noted. Season tickets for all concerts are available: adults $45, GSW faculty and staff $40, senior citizens $35, and Habitat for Humanity volunteers $25. GSW students and children 15 and under are admitted free of charge. Tickets to individual performances are also available and can be purchased at the door.
For more information or for tickets, please call (229) 931-2204.
- GSW -