Before installing Sun Java, we recommend you to uninstall any old versions of Java you have on your computer.
To check to see whether or not you have old versions of Java on your computer:
- Click on the Start button on your computer desktop
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Add Remove Programs
- In the list that comes up look for anything that says Java Runtime Environment. Delete/remove any version other than J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE).
To install Sun Java:
- Click here to get to the download page and click the Download JRE link.
- In the next screen you must click the Accept button and then you will need to click on Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language. This will download the installer onto your computer, which may take several minutes depending on your connection speed.
- Once you have downloaded (saved) the installer, double click on it and the program will walk you through the installation steps.
If you are using a Macintosh:
Click here to download Java on your Mac OS version.