Every web browser stores web pages, images and other downloaded content on the computer. This storage place is called the browser's cache, also known as the Temporary Internet Files folder.
Clearing it occasionally or regularly (especially before taking quizzes) can protect your privacy and free up some space in your computer.
Since every browser is different, the following information will outline the steps involved in clearing the cache for web browsers:
- Click History on the Menu bar
- Click "Clear Recent History"
- In the "Time range to clear:", select Everything
- Check the Cookies and Cache boxes
- Click the "Clear Now" button
Internet Explorer 9+:
- Open the browser, go to Tools and click Delete Browsing History
- On the Delete Browsing History pop-up window, select Temporary Internet files and Cookies
- Click the Delete button.
- Click the wrench icon on browser tool bar
- Select Tools
- Select Clear browsing data
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data
- Click Edit from the Opera menu bar
- Click Preferences from the File menu
- Click the History and Cache menu
- Click Cache
- Click OK to close the Preferences menu
- Please refer to the Opera support page for detailed information.