For best success with GaVIEW, remember the Top 10 Tips listed below.
- If you log in for the first time, you must set up your GaVIEW password:
- Click the Forgot Password? link on the login page and enter you GaVIEW username, which is the first part of your RADAR email address (everything before the @ sign). The password reset link will be sent to your GSW RADAR email account.
- If you do not know your RADAR e-mail address, go to the campus directories and search the student directory using your last name.
- GaVIEW password must contain at least 8 characters
- Most online courses will not be available until the first day of classes.
- If you are having problems with seeing or accessing your courses in GeorgiaVIEW, contact your instructor.
- If you do not know the name of your instructor:
- Log in to your RAIN account
- Go to Student Detail Schedule and look for the instructor's name
- If you do not have your instructor's contact information:
- Go to the campus Directories
- Type in your instructor's last name in the Find: students box and click Search
- Your courses will not be available until 1-2 business days after your register, even if you register late. If this time has passed, and you still don’t have access to the course, ask your instructor to add you to the course.
- Preferred web browsers for GaVIEW D2L are Firefox 7 and Google Chrome. Internet Explorer is not recommended. For fewer problems during the semester, disable automatic updates on your computer and DO NOT update your browser or Java until the semester is over. Read about GaVIEW technical requirements here
- To find out if your computer is set up properly for GaVIEW D2L, click here. You can also click the “Please click here for a System Check before you login” on the GaVIEW login page.
- Clear your web browser’s cache and cookies regularly, especially before starting quizzes. For information on how to do this, click here
- For best results, especially when submitting assignments and quizzes, use a fast, reliable, hard-wired Internet connection.
- Compose assignments using software such as Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. If you attempt to write a lengthy paper within the Dropbox Tool you may time out and lose your work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.
- To minimize issues while taking a quiz, be sure that you do the following:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies before starting a quiz
- Close any applications that are not necessary for taking your quiz
- Open only one browser window or session when taking a quiz
- Complete the quiz in a timely manner to avoid timing out. Submit your work well before deadlines
- Save each quiz response as you answer it
- Do not try to save all responses individually at the end of the quiz. Saving too many responses at once can cause your quiz to freeze and fail to save the responses.
- Contact GSW GaVIEW Help or the D2L Help Center (DHC) for technical assistance with GeorgiaVIEW: