For best success with GaVIEW, remember the Top 10 Tips listed below.
- If you log in for the first time, you must set up your GaVIEW password:
- Click the Forgot Password? link on the login page and enter you GaVIEW username. The password reset link will be sent to your GSW email account.
- If you do not know your GSW e-mail address, go to the campus directories and search the faculty and staff directory using your last name.
- GaVIEW password must contain at least 8 characters
COURSE AVAILABILITY TO STUDENTS
- By default, courses will not be available to your students until the first day of classes.
- Courses will not be available to students until 1-2 business days after their registration, even if they register late. If this time has passed, and students have problems with seeing or accessing the course, they are recommended to contact you as a course instructor. You can add them to the course manually using their last names.
- Preferred web browsers for GaVIEW D2L are Firefox 7 and Google Chrome. Internet Explorer is not recommended. For fewer problems during the semester, disable automatic updates on your computer and DO NOT update your browser or Java until the semester is over.
- For system and software requirements click here
- To find out if your computer is set up properly for GaVIEW D2L, click here. You can also click the “Please click here for a System Check before you login” on the GaVIEW login page.
- Recommend your students to clear their web browser’s cache and cookies regularly, especially before starting quizzes. For information on how to do this, click here. It’s a good practice to clear browser cache and cookies often to avoid GaVIEW issues.
- Recommend your students to compose assignments using software such as Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. It will help them to avoid timing-out and losing their work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.
- To minimize issues while taking a quiz, ask your students:
- To clear browser’s cache and cookies
- To save each quiz response as they answer it
- Don’t save all responses individually at the end of the quiz. Saving too many responses at once can cause your quiz to freeze and fail to save the responses.
- Contact GSW GaVIEW Help or the D2L Help Center (DHC) for technical assistance with GeorgiaVIEW: