The Student Government Association sets forth these guidelines to determine the funding of student organizations and their activities. The use of Student Activities Fees will be granted to the requesting organization after the proposal is measured against these standards.
- We will consider funding activities or events which are not:
- religiously affiliated
- politically affiliated
- closed to the general student population
- We will prefer not to fund community service projects sponsored by individual organizations.
- We will not fund activities or events that are related to recruitment.
- We will consider funding activities of academic related organizations. However, we prefer the organization seek funds from academic departments prior to requesting funds from SGA.
- Any student organization applying for Activities Funds should meet all standards of Article XVII of the Students Rights and Responsibilities Code as recorded in the current GSW Weathervane. The Advisor of the group should be prepared to answer questions concerning this article as they relate directly to the organization involved.
- The Student Government Association reserves the right to use the guidelines as a basis for use of Activity Funds. The Student Government is not limited to these as reasons to or not to fund an activity by an organization.
- The funding request procedures of the Student Government Association will be as follows:
- Funding requests will be presented on the last Thursday of every month. Funding Request Forms will be received in the Student Government Office until 4:00 PM on the presentation date. Organizations requesting funding will be invited to present by the SGA President.
- Each Funding Request will be reviewed by the SGA Budget Committee after the Funding Request Presentation and prior to the vote on SGA Funding. The SGA Budget Committee will provide SGA with a recommendation on funding at the SGA Funding meeting.
- SGA will meet on the first Thursday of every month to vote on any Funding Request.
- On Presentation Day, all SGA members are required to wear business attire to the meeting. No jeans, shorts, or other casual wear will be allowed.
- On Funding Day, all SGA members are required to wear their SGA shirts.
- Conference funding guidelines are as follows:
- To receive funding, the organization must be a recognized student organization and the conference must benefit the student body in some meaningful way, such as providing training, networking opportunities, education, or promotion of the university.
- Funding for all conferences will follow the same formula.
- 50% of total cost, not exceeding $800, will be covered by SGA.
- No other additional funds will be provided for lodging, transportation, etc.
- Funding is contingent on the organization attending the conference.
- SGA reserves the right to fund all, partially, or none of the Conference Funding Request in accordance with Sections I and II.
- The Student Government Association Funding Guidelines are to be voted on for approval at the beginning of every SGA administration.
Event Funding Application
Yearly Budget Request