GSW Fitness Manual
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP FORM
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP FAQ
INFORMED CONSENT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
PAR-Q & YOU (A Questionnaire for People Aged 15 to 69)
GSW Campus Map
Below are answers to FAQs about GSW REC Community Membership:
Who is eligible for a GSW REC membership?
- Anyone who is not GSW faculty, staff, and/or student who possesses an active GSW ID card.
What is included in a GSW REC membership?
- Access to all GSW Campus Recreation amenities. Access to the Fitness Center, ALL Group Exercise classes, and Intramural Sports activities (basketball, racquetball, climbing wall, etc.).
What are the fee options?
- 1-month membership: $40
- 4-month aka One-semester membership [Fall or Spring or Summer]: $140
[Fall: September-December] [Spring: January-April] [Summer: May-August]
- Senior Citizens: $98
- Family Member of GSW Faculty/Staff/Student: $105
- Police/Fire/Military: $100
- Alumni: $112
- 12-month membership: $300
- Senior Citizens: $210
- Family Member of GSW Faculty/Staff/Student: $225
- Police/Fire/Military: $220
- Alumni: $240
*Senior Citizens 65 and older, Family members, and Alumni of GSW must show proof in order to get special rates.*
Will I have to sign a contract?
How do I sign-up for a GSW REC membership?
- Anyone interested in a membership with GSW REC must visit the Fitness Center between the hours of 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday or call (229) 931-2111; email Anna.Champion@gsw.edu.
- Membership forms can be filled out online and taken to Marshall Student Center: Student Accounts for payment and ID card issuance
What is needed at time of registration?
Are guests allowed in GSW REC?
- Guests must be 18 years of age and must register their guest account at the Fitness Center Front Desk PRIOR TO accessing the facility. Guests will be required to show driver's license and complete the GSW REC Facility Usage Forms.
- One-day guest passes are $5 and must be paid with cash, check, or credit/debit card.
What forms will I be required to sign?
- GSW Fitness Center Community Membership Form
- Informed Consent/Release of Liability Agreement
- Acknowledgement of General Policies and Procedures
- PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire)