Information for Transient Student

What is a transient student?

A transient student is a student currently attending another institution and wanting to take a course at GSW to transfer back to their main institution, or a currently enrolled GSW student who wants to take a course at another institution to transfer back to GSW in order to fulfill their educational goals.

Transient Students: Students from other institutions who want to register for an eCore class must first apply as a transient student through the GSW Office of Admissions. Once accepted, they should contact Ms. Donja H. Tripp at 229.928.1331 or to register.

If you are a transient student you are not required to attend a formal registration because GSW is not considered your home institution. After you are accepted as a transient student please contact Donja Tripp at 229-928-1331 to register for classes. You may also email Donja Tripp at or visit the office of the Registrar located on the 3rd floor of Sanford Hall.

Please note: You must be accepted by the Office of Admissions before you can register for classes. If you are taking only on-line classes, you may not have to submit Immunization forms. Please contact the Health Center for more specifics at 229-931-2235