For More Information on how we can help you, please click HERE to view our brochure for our students and click HERE to view our brochure on our JLD program.
Job Search Information, Part-Time & Full-Time Job Opportunities
CLICK ON LOGO TO REGISTER FOR OUR NEW ONLINE JOB RESOURCE SYSTEM AT GSW!
Use Hurricane Career Path 24-hr. access to:
- Connect with employers to search and apply for full-time jobs, co-op/internships, part-time jobs and volunteer positions
- Review upcoming career fairs, workshops, information sessions, networking opportunities and much more!
- Utilize our easy-to-use online calendar to keep track of your career events and appointments.
For instructions to Hurricane Career Path click HERE.
What you can do with Hurricane Career Path:
- Documents - Upload, edit, and manage up to 10 resumes, cover letters, writing samples, and other documents.
- Employers - Search employers and review information about their organizations.
- Calendar - Monitor your job search activity and important dates and events.
- Events - Search and identify career events. These include career fairs, workshops, employer presentations, and information tables.
- Profile - Complete and edit your personal and academic information (viewable only by CSC staff, not employers). This helps establish what jobs and interviews you qualify for. Your profile must be complete for your account to be fully active. You can also change your password in this section.
- Quick Links - Shortcuts to some of the most commonly used aspects of the system.
- Jobs - Search and apply for jobs posted to GSW (including full-time, part-time, and co-op & internship positions). You can also search jobs posted on Going Global, as well as NACElink Network jobs.
Career Services also has a part-time job board that lists both on- and off-campus jobs for students to apply to. You may come in between regular office hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday to look for openings that may interest you. Our office then provides students with job referral cards so they may apply to these positions. Career Services provides opportunities for students to fine part-time, temporary, and seasonal (Christmas and summer) jobs, both on- and off-campus while you are enrolled at GSW. The staff will assist you in locating employment compatible with schedules, abilities, and individual circumstances.
If you are looking for full-time professional employment following graduation, you may check out full-time job postings in Career Services. The Employment Links page contains additional employment opportunities. A variety of full-time employers from around the community, region, and beyond are advertising with our office every day.
Career Resource Lab
The Career Resource Lab is a valuable resource in planning and developing your career. Computers are available for you to use in preparing resumes as well as researching employer information via the Internet. Online employment information is readily available for your review. Occupational Information, Job Choice Magazines, EDISCOVER, and the GCIS (Georgia Career Information System) are available for you.
Handouts are available on career decision-making, resume preparation, interviewing techniques, and career choices. Salary information is extremely helpful in making career decisions and is available in our Resource Lab. The Resource Lab is available during regular operating hours Monday through Friday and by appointment.
Career Counseling and Self-Assessment
Career Counseling is provided to students and alumni through self-assessment electronic evaluations as well as career exploration and decision-making through individual appointments. Career Services staff will assist you in formulating and implementing career paths reflecting the quality of your educational background and personal Values.
To schedule an appointment for Career Counseling or Self-Assessment Evaluations, please stop by our office, or call us at 229-931-2237.
Job Fairs and Expos
Career Opportunities, a career fair held in Atlanta each fall, is hosted by over 24 colleges and universities throughout Georgia and provides students with an excellent opportunity to meet with employers looking to hire recent and upcoming college graduates and alumni. The GACE (The Georgia Association of Colleges and Employers) career fair is held each spring in Atlanta, and features major employers from around the state who are recruiting for recent and upcoming graduates. GSW students and alumni are invited and encouraged to attend these career fairs.
The Teacher Placement Fair is held each spring semester in the School of Education. Education students who will be available to begin teaching this school year have an excellent opportunity to interview with approximately 60 public and private school systems during this time.
Career Day Partnerships provides students and alumni an opportunity to meet with employers on the campus of Valdosta State University who are seeking qualified applicants for job openings. This event is held in April each year.
For more information about these events, contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office. To participate in these events, you must have a current resume on file with the Career Services Office. Students seeking full-time employment should submit a resume early in their senior year.
Also check our Calendar of Events page for Career Fairs, Expos, and Employer Visit updates.
Seminars & Presentations
Each semester, Career Services conducts seminars on Resume Writing Skills, Successful Interviewing Skills, and Career Fair Preparation. These important seminars will help you in preparation for the job search. Your resume is a tool used to sell yourself to a potential employer and is the first step in the hiring process. You will be able to polish your interview skills and learn the "do's" and "don'ts" of a successful career fair by attending these seminars.
Look for flyers around Campus and be sure to check our Calendar of Events page for dates and times each semester.
All Hurricane Career Path services are available to GSW alumni. Call or stop by our office to schedule an appointment or email us. GSW alumni are encouraged to take advantage of any or all of these services.
GSW Alumni Association Webpage