1. Immediately report any crime, suspected crime, or suspicious circumstances/persons to Public Safety, day or night
2. Never leave any personal property unattended. If leaving your room, lock your door. If in a classroom, office, or the library, take your possessions with you.
3. When walking on or off campus at night, employ the "Buddy System" and walk with a friend. Also, let friends know when and where you are going, how you are going, and what time you expect to arrive and return. This alerts them if you are overdue and also gives them a reference point to locate you.
4. Park your vehicle in a lighted parking area. ALWAYS LOCK YOUR VEHICLE. Do not forget to take the keys out of the ignition. Do not leave CD's, tapes, or other valuables in plain sight. Lock them in the trunk or take them with you.
5. Properly lock and secure your bicycle to a bike rack. Use a strong chain and strong lock.
IF YOU DO OBSERVE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY OR SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES/PERSONS, REMEMBER IDENTIFYING CHARACTERISTICS SUCH AS:
PERSON: Name (if known), sex, age, race, height, weight, clothing, and apparent condition.
AUTOMOBILE: Licence number, make, model, color, and outstanding characteristics (rust, dents, and etc.)
PROPERTY: Complete description, brand name, model, and serial number.
EMERGENCY NUMBERS (911)
(POLICE) PUBLIC SAFETY (229)931-2245
FIRE DEPARTMENT (229)931-2245