The GSW Health Center is open all year to serve the health needs of registered GSW Students, faculty and staff. You may approach the Student Health Center with any health issue. Usually you will be treated at the Student Health Center, but you may be referred to a specialist, depending on the type of health concern.
The GSW Health Center accepts walk-ins. You may also schedule an appointment.
GSW Health Center
1st Floor of the Rosalynn Carter Health Human Sciences Building
800 GSW State Univ. Drive
Americus, GA 31709
Phone: 229- 931-2235
Campus Safety: 931-2245
Emergency Room at
Sumter Regional Hospital:924-6011
Health Center office hours:
Monday - Thursday (7:30am - 4:45pm)
Friday (8am -2:45pm)
Lunch daily (11:45am - 1:00pm)
Weekends & Holidays: Closed
For cases of emergency, contact Public Safetyby calling 229-931-2245.
Sick students may park in the circle in front of the Health Center.
Dial 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) immediately for a life-threatening emergency.
For an on-campus emergency which you have determined is not life-threatening, please contact the Health Center at 931-2235.
After 5:00 p.m. or before 8:00 a.m., you should contact your Resident Assistant, your on-duty Residence Life staff member, Campus Safety at 931-2245 or the Emergency Room at Sumter Regional Hospital at 924-6011.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
You have the right to...
- Reasonable access to care, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation
- Considerate care which respects individual needs, value, and beliefs
- Reasonable access to care within our mission and scope of care
- Sensitive care
- Informed participation in decisions regarding care, including discussion of ethical issues
- Information about diagnosis and treatment
- Know the identity and professional status of the provider
- Personal privacy and confidentiality of information
- Designate a representative decision-maker
- Accept or refuse care and to be informed of the medical consequences of refusal
- Be informed of research and educational projects affecting care or treatment, and to refuse to participate in such activities
- Approve or refuse release of information, except as required by law
- Present concerns and complaints and to receive a response
- Information about services, hours, fees and payment, eligibility, and treatment of minors
You have the responsibility to...
- Provide accurate and complete health information
- Report whether you clearly comprehend the plan of treatment and what is expected of you
- Express any concerns about plan of care and ability to follow it
- Follow the treatment plan
- Understand the consequences of noncompliance with the treatment plan and accept the responsibility for refusing treatment or failing to follow instructions
- Present any significant concerns to the provider or other Health Center representative
- Report unexpected changes in condition to the provider
- Keep appointments, or if unable, to inform the provider
- Respond to Health Center requests for feedback and evaluation of care provided
- Respect the rights and property of patients and staff
- Follow Health Center rules and procedures