The CanesCard is the official Identification Card for Georgia Southwestern State University. This card demonstrates an individual’s right to use University facilities and attend various University sanctioned events. The card should only be used by the individual to whom it was issued. Students can use their CanesCard to:
- Receive financial aid refunds faster
- Access the Dining Hall, Java City, C-Store, and Canes Den.
- Access GSW facilities—Fitness Center, Game Room, Library, Swimming Pool, Bookstore, and Computer Labs
- Students who live on campus will use their CanesCard to access their Residence Hall door.
- The CanesCard can also be used to make on campus and off campus purchases or access ATMs for cash.
- The CanesCard functions as a PRE-PAID DEBIT card, students can only make purchases if they have money applied to their CanesCard.
For new students CanesCard will be made on STORM Day and Registration day in the Student Accounts Office located in the Marshall Student Center.
The CanesCard office will be open Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm and Friday from 9am-2pm. Students can contact the CanesCard office at (229) 931-5091 or Student Accounts (229) 931-2013 with questions or concerns.
**NOTE: If a CanesCard is lost, stolen, or destroyed, cards can be replaced for a fee paid in the Student Accounts office.