Master of Education
Southwestern's School of Education offers Georgia's leading graduate program in terms of cost, convenience, and speed of completion. Students can complete a degree in 13 months at a fraction of the cost of most graduate programs. Southwestern's School of Education offers the following graduate degrees:
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Middle Grades Language Arts
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Middle Grades Mathematics
Students wishing to apply to the School of Education graduate program at Georgia Southwestern State University must submit a completed admissions packet. Incomplete packets may not be reviewed for admissions. The complete admissions packet is comprised of the following:
- Graduate application for admission
- $25.00 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Administrative Recommendation Forms
- Professional Profile
- Commitment Letter
- Copy of Teaching Certificate
- Immunization form (before enrollment)
- Documentation of Lawful Presence (before enrollment, if applying for in-state tuition)
Candidates seeking a degree through graduate study must apply for regular admission. Individuals who already hold a master's degree must meet regular admissions requirements for a second master's degree.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Eligibility for Clear Renewable Georgia T-4 teaching certificate.
- A minimum of 2.75 undergraduate grade point average as reported on the official final transcripts from all accredited institutions attended.
- Two confidential Administrative Recommendation Forms, one from a Supervising Principal and one from another school administrator, Assistant Principal, Department Chair, Lead Teacher.
Applicants meeting minimum requirements for admission will be considered. Acceptance is not guaranteed. The School of Education seeks the most qualified applicants for its graduate degree cohort programs.
Those Applicants denied admission may submit an appeal of the decision to the Dean of the School of Education.
Office of Graduate Admissions
Wheatley Administration Building
Georgia Southwestern State University
Attn: Graduate Admissions
800 GSW State University Drive
Americus, GA 31709