Please check to make sure all of this information is correct. The address listed here will be used for all written correspondence and the email will be used to provide you with additional information about Southwestern and as a primary contact if we have questions about your application. Please be sure to check this email address regularly. If you need to make corrections/changes to this information, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resident of Georgia or nonresident is for tuition purposes. This will determine the tuition rate you will be charged. Some students may be listed as nonresidents while we await proof of residency. When residency documentation is requested, it will be listed below in the "Documents Checklist" section and the residency status should change. If you feel your residency status is incorrect, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com.
· Accept Conditionally - New freshman who is accepted to Southwestern pending the completion the 17 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) courses, consisting of 4 English, 4 mathematics, 4 science, 3 social science and 2 foreign language.
· Institutional Regular Accept - Student is accepted.
· Institution Dev Studies Accept - New Freshmen accepted as a Presidential Exception or Non-Traditional accepted student. These students will be required to take a Compass Test. A full explanation will be included in your acceptance letter. For information about Compass Test dates and scheduling an appointment to test, please click here.
· Applicant Deposited - Student is accepted and the tuition deposit has been received and processed.
· Eligible to Register - Student is accepted and is eligible to register. New students must register through their advisor.
Major, Degree, and College
Your requested major will be listed here. Presidential Accept Freshmen and Non-Traditional Students will not see their major until the passing of the Compass Test and/or completion of Learning Support Classes. If you would like to change your major BEFORE registration, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Change of majors after registration is handled through the Registrar's Office, 229-928-1331.
Standardized Test Scores
Your scores should be listed. If both SAT and ACT scores are received by the Office of Admission, we will use the highest so you may only see one of the test's scores listed. Scores may not be input until a student is accepted. Remember to continue to send us new scores each time you take the SAT/ACT so we can update your application. If your highest scores are not showing, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com.
Documents needed/received are listed here. Any items listed in RED or any items with a description of needing additional information should be submitted to the Office of Admission. Check back often because new items may be added. Documents that may need further clarification are as follows:
· Acceptance Deposit - Students are asked to submit a $45 acceptance deposit to secure their spot. The deposit form with information is included in the acceptance letter. You may also print a copy here.
· Housing Information - Housing Contracts and Housing Exemption Forms are mailed to accepted students. Once you receive your housing information, you should complete the appropriate form and return it to Southwestern.
· STORM/Registration Reservation - STORM Day is when students come to register for classes.You may signup for STORM Day here.
· Scholarship App - You need to complete and return a scholarship application. You may print an application here.
· Lawful Presence Verification - The Georgia Board of Regents requires that institutions confirm lawful presence of all enrolled students in order to receive in-state tuition. If you plan to submit or have already submitted your FAFSA, the Federal Government has/will verify lawful presence through that application. If you do not complete the FAFSA and if you wish to receive in-state tuition, we will need one of the following documents in order to verify lawful presence:
• FAFSA submitted to Georgia Southwestern verifying eligibility, not necessarily awarded funds, for federal student aid
• A certified US birth certificate showing the student was born in the US or a US territory. A photocopy is not acceptable
• A US Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
• A US Certificate of Citizenship 9USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
• A US Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
• A current US Passport
• A current Drivers License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
• A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
• A current military ID (service member only, not dependent)
• A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
Transfer and 2nd degree students will see only the transcripts from schools that were indicated as attended on the application. A student is required to inform Southwestern of ALL former secondary schools attended.
College Placement Testing Requirements
Most Presidential Exception Freshmen and Non-Traditional Students will be required to Compass Test. Students should see the area(s) listed in which they are required to test. Your acceptance letter will have more information about testing. For information about Compass Test dates and scheduling an appointment to test, please click here.
Financial Aid Requirements
Financial aid documents needed or received are listed here. Any items listed in RED should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Check back often because new items may be added. An explanation of the commonly needed items is listed below. Please visit the Financial Aid Website for more information about requested items or contact the Financial Aid Office at 229-928-1378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Terms and Conditions - This form is requested from all new students. Freshmen must complete this request by submitting the form found at http://gsw.edu/Assets/FinancialAid/files/Accept%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf. Transfer students may complete this requirement through their RAIN account. Transfers will receive information about accessing their RAIN account during orientation, after they are admitted to GSW. Freshmen must use the above form to accept Terms and Conditions.
· Verification Worksheet - This request means you have been randomly selected and the form must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office before financial aid can be awarded. The form can be found at gsw.edu/Financial-Aid/Forms/index, click on Verification Worksheet, download, complete, sign, and submit the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.
· IRS Tax Return Transcript or IRS Retrieval - We encourage you (and your parent/spouse) to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer federal tax information directly from the IRS to your FAFSA. You may do this through your online FAFSA account. If you choose not to use the IRS tool or if you are not eligible to use the IRS tool, you MUST submit an IRS Federal Tax Return Transcript. Please request a free Federal Tax Return Transcript at: www.irs.gov or call 1-800-908-9946 or 1-800-829-3903.
· Loan Request Form - Students who qualify for a loan(s) must complete this form if they wish to accept the loan(s). The form should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office and can be found at http://gsw.edu/Financial-Aid/Forms/index, click on "Loan Request Form, download, complete, sign, and submit to the Financial Aid office.
· Entrance Counseling - All new borrowers must complete online entrance counseling.It is a federal mandate and ensures students/parents understand loan requirements. It should be completed after the loan is accepted at Southwestern. Please visit www.studentloans.gov/ to complete entrance counseling.
· Master Promissory Note - The MPN is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). Please visit www.studentloans.gov to submit your M.P.N. You will need your FAFSA P.I.N. to log in. This note must be signed before loan money can be received by the school. Contact 1-800-557-7394 for assistance.
Financial Aid Fund Rewards
Your financial aid awards are shown in this section. If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 229-928-1378 or email@example.com.
Your housing assignment and meal plan are listed here. Please refer to our campus map if you have questions about the building number.
Your roommate/suitemate's name and email will be displayed once your housing assignment has been made. Contact them via the email to learn more about your new roommate and make plans about your room.
The following departments may be contacted with questions, concerns, or comments about your application status:
Office of Admission
New Undergraduate Students
800 GSW State University Drive
Americus, GA 31709
Office of Financial Aid
All financial Aid Business
Returning/Readmit Undergraduate Students
Select the school for the program in which you have made application.
School of Business
School of Education
School of Computing and Mathematics
School of English and Modern Languages
FAX 931-2197 fax