● Return the completed GAP Verification Form with supporting documents to the School of Nursing by the Traditional Nursing program application deadline currently set as February 15th for students wishing to begin the nursing program during a fall semester and August 22nd for students wishing to begin the nursing program during a spring semester.
● Completion of all core classes from Areas A, D, and F AND lack no more than nine (9) hours of core classes from Areas B, C, and/or E of the nursing curriculum sheet.
● Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8/4.0.
● Completion of all nursing program pre-requisite courses:
○ BIOL 2030, 2040, and 2050 with a grade of “C” or better
○ PSYC 2130
○ MATH 2204 and Math 1111 or 1113
○ One Science lab sequence: BIOL 1107/1108, BIOL 2107/2108, CHEM 1211/1212, or CHEM 1151/1152, PHYS 1111/1112, or PHYS 2211/2212
○ NURS 2600, 2700, and 3005 with a grade of “C” or better
● Earn a Proficient or higher in the ATI Academic Preparedness Category Score and Proficient or higher on the ATI Test of Essential Skills (TEAS) exam and have official scores submitted to the School of Nursing.
● Maintain continual fulltime enrollment with Southwestern for fall and spring semesters between enrollment to the university and entrance to the Nursing Program.
● Meet all Georgia Southwestern School of Nursing enrollment requirements and begin nursing program within 5 semesters (not including summer semesters) from university entrance.