The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V is required for admission into Georgia Southwestern State University Bachelor Degree in Nursing Program. The exam is a test of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. All applicants must submit a copy of the TEAS score report to the School of Nursing Student Services Coordinator office prior to the admission deadline for the BSN program. Tests taken after the application deadline will not be used for the current admissions cycle.
Test used: Version V
When to take the TEAS:
Applicants will need to complete the TEAS exam within one year of the specific application date deadline. It is strongly recommended that applicants NOT wait till the last registration date to take the exam. Cancellations may occur and it is not guaranteed that a make up date will be scheduled prior to the application deadline. Changes to the exam schedule will be made on the School of Nursing website. Please continue to check the SON website periodically for changes. Applicants will still be responsible for taking the TEAS test and submitting a score report PRIOR to the SON application date deadline. Tests taken after the application deadline will not be used for the current admissions cycle.
Day of Exam
You will need to schedule at least four hours to take the test. Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the test. The tests will start promptly at the scheduled times. Late arrivals will not be able to test
You will need your student ID number and a major credit card. Applicants may use earplugs during the exam to discourage any distractions that may arise. If you are retaking the TEAS, you will need to have your ATI account user ID and password on hand.
The applicant is responsible for the testing fee of $35.00** and will be paid with major credit card the day of the exam at the testing site. The testing fee is non refundable. **Pricing is subject to change
Preparing for the Exam:
A study guide is on reserve at the GSW library. Study guides or practice tests may be purchased from the Assessment Technologies Institute at www.atitesting.com.
Test results will be shown to the student at the completion of the test. Test score reports may be retrieved by logging in to your ATI account under "My Results". If you cannot remember your username/password or if you do not see your test scores, you must contact ATI at the phone number listed on their web site. The national and program percentile is the number used as a measurement of academic success.
The School of Nursing does accept scores from TEAS exams that were taken at another location. Applicants will need to submit a copy of their TEAS score report with their admission materials.
TEAS testing update, effective immediately:
For all students applying to the School of Nursing program, April 1st, 2011 will be the last application deadline for which the TEAS 4.0 will be acceptable for admission. For any application deadlines after April 1st, 2011, the TEAS V will be required.
Admission to the BSN program track for the Georgia Southwestern State University School of Nursing is a competitive process. The selection committee will look at a variety of factors in determining admission, including an applicants TEAS score. Applicants are expected to earn a Proficient or Higher in the ATI Academic Preparedness Category if applying to Nursing. TEAS scores are valid for one year from the specific BSN application admission deadline.
Applicants are expected to score a minimum proficiency category on the ATI TEAS within three attempts.
Exam Dates, Times, and Locations:
The GSW School of Nursing will provide the ATI TEAS exam on the following dates to students who plan to apply to the GSW School of Nursing.
Friday, Feb. 1st 10AM-2PM at the Rosalynn Carter Health & Human Services Complex Rm. 107 CLOSED
Friday, Mar. 8th 10AM-2PM at the Rosalynn Carter Health & Human Services Complex Rm. 107 CLOSED
Friday, Apr. 12th 10AM-2PM at the Rosalynn Carter Health & Human Services Complex Rm. 107
Registration at GSW:
- In order to register you will need to provide full name, Student ID number and contact number. Registration for this testing site is only open to students who will be applying for the GSW Nursing program.
- There must be a minimum of 14 days between primary testing date and any respective repeat testing dates
- Preference for seating is given to GSW students and must be completed within one year of the specific application date deadline
- You must provide a minimum of five days notice prior to exam date
- Space is limited, so it is encouraged to register as early as possible
Sign up for one of the above testing dates.
*For additional testing date information,
please contact the School of Nursing Office at 229-931-2275.
Additional testing locations:
You must visit www.atitesting.com Select:
- Register for TEAS in the lower right menu if you wish to take the TEAS at another institution or Register for TEAS in the lower right menu if you wish to take the TEAS at PSI
- TEAS from the drop down menu, then NEXT
- Select the city and state you would like to take the test from the appropriate drop down menus, then NEXT. (You may need to choose a site at this time)
- You will then need to select the site, day , and time.
- Prices vary for each site, and you may need to pay an additional charge for a transcript. Major credit cards are accepted for payment. Payment is not refundable. Testing Dates will close 24 hours prior to the date listed or once all seats are filled, whichever comes first.
- A copy of your TEAS score report will need to be submitted along with School of Nursing application materials prior to the specific BSN program applicant admissions deadline.