Step 1: Attain admission in good standing to the University.
- Students must apply and be ACCEPTED by the University prior to applying to the School of Nursing. (Apply either as Traditional Nursing track, Accelerated track, RN-BSN Track, or LPN-BSN Track)
- a. If you attended GSW for any length of time and wish to return for undergraduate coursework, please complete the Application for Re-admission to be returned to the Registrar’s Office.
- b. Students who applied to GSW within the last three years and did not attend, but now wish to attend, must submit a Change of Semester Form.
- All transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions in support of the University Application.Official transcripts from other institutions can take some time—plan accordingly.
- Please note: The School of Nursing will not review any application without a student first becoming accepted by the University.
- Deadlines for GSW Admissions can be found here: This process is overseen by the Office of Admissions at the below link: Office of Admissions at GSW. Office of Admissions can be reached by phone at (229) 928-1273
- Review the Curriculum sheet and Model program of study for the specified program track applying for.
Please visit the "Transfer Applicant Process"
Step 2:Apply for Financial Aid
- Free application for Federal Student Aid can be found on the GSW Financial Aid website.
- The School of Nursing has several scholarship opportunities specifically for GSW Nursing Students. Nursing scholarships applications will become available in January of each year and reviewed during April. The funds will be allocated for the next academic year after the review is conducted. Applications can be found here.
Step 3: Visit campus
- Attend a campus Preview Day on a Saturday or set up a tour with GSW admissions during the week.
- Attend one of the optional Informational Sessions to learn more about application requirements and process for applying to the School of Nursing.
Step 4:Meet the Eligibility Requirements for specific BSN Program
For Detail Program Admission Information, please visit the following links:
Traditional BSN Program
2nd Degree BSN Program