The Department of Computer Science has established academic collaboration with some foreign schools and universities. Through these collaboration several students have come to GSW to do Master of Science in Computer Science and also short term projects in Information Technology. The countries with which GSW has signed MOU are:
In recent years technological developments have impacted today’s business and industry in a way we conduct day-to-day affairs. In particular, communication technology has revolutionized the socio-economic environment requiring tremendous change - a change leading to globalization at an alarming rate. The whole world is emerging as a global village and hence the change impacts mankind across the globe in various ways. This has necessitated a change in lifestyle, business, education, and other walks of life. It may be added that the cultural diversities are increasing on the one hand, while the need for unity in diversity is being recognized on the other, particularly in light of the globalization. This paradox calls for appreciation of various cultures. The only medium for such harmonization lies in multicultural education. The ultimate aim of education is to foster humanity and understanding.
The need for such a multicultural education is greater in the field of education. Exposure to the international environment, interaction with people from diverse cultures, sensitization to a pluralistic society, and global business practices are some of the relevant factors education needs to address. The proposed collaborations are an attempt in this direction through various programs and activities.
- To incorporate international experience in teaching.
- To gain familiarity with the international environment.
- To develop a perspective for multi-cultural education.
- To develop, design and adopt new courses suitable to emerging needs.
- To explore the possibility of joint research in the area of computing.
- To provide students opportunities for higher studies at the international level.
- To enable the students to enjoy opportunities for meaningful interaction with international
- students, thereby developing a sense of appreciation and understanding for cultural diversities.