1. Students will demonstrate conceptual understanding of inorganic, organic, analytical, biological, and physical chemistry. Curricular guidelines are those suggested by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
2. Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills related to the
3. Students will demonstrate effective communication of technical information.
4. Students will demonstrate proficiency in using computers to solve problems in chemistry.
5. Students will be able to characterize chemical compounds, perform accurate and precise quantitative measurements using proper techniques and modern instruments, and properly execute common laboratory practices (such as laboratory safety, waste management, record keeping, and preparing solutions and dilutions).
6. Students will have an understanding of the career opportunities available in chemistry.