The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V is required for admission into Georgia Southwestern State University Bachelor Degree in Nursing Program. The exam is a test of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. All SON applicants must include a copy of the TEAS score report in their SON application packet. Applicants are expected to earn a minimum score at or above the nation average at the time of testing. TEAS scores are valid for two years from the specific BSN application admission deadline. Tests taken after the application deadline will not be used for the current admissions cycle. The School of Nursing does accept scores from TEAS exams that were taken at a location other than GSW.
Applicants are expected to score a minimum score at or above the national average at the time of testing on the ATI TEAS within three attempts.
The applicant is responsible for the testing fee of approximately **$80.00 (depending on the testing site selected) which must be paid with a major credit card the day of the test. The testing fee is non-refundable. ** Price is subject to change and determined by testing site.
How to Register for the TEAS
- Go to ATI testing website http://www.atitesting.com
- Create an account following ATI directions (if you don’t already have a username and password)
- Click on Register for TEAS - choose Georgia - then Americus then hit “Next”
- Select the date you would like to test at GSW and click “Learn More”
- Exam begins at 9:00 am.
- Exam is located in Sanford Hall, Room 310.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to the testing site. Those arriving late will NOT be allowed to test.
- Individuals must present a valid photo ID and their ATI username and password.
- Calculators are NOT allowed.
- Bring 2 or more #2 pencils.
- Schedule 4 hours to take the test.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the testing center.
- Students applying to another institution will be responsible for sending that institution a copy of their results by purchasing a “TEAS transcript” from the ATI Online. If the institution you’re applying to is not listed when purchasing a transcript, please contact your school to find out how they prefer to obtain those results. Students applying to this institution will not be required to purchase a transcript.
- Click here for TEAS Study Materials.